GDR and Terrace Cafe menus

Tansy Mews

[quote name='Silver Sweethearts']We prefer to read menus ahead of time to see which restaurants are serving a menu to delight us (or, on the other hand, have nothing to interest us), and we have time to compare each restaurant's offerings at our leisure and make an informed decision on where to dine. Yes, you might/might not be pleasantly surprised if you go into a restaurant without knowing its menu, but why take unnecessary chances?[/quote]

I am in your camp.
Also, if there is nothing special to temp us in the MDR, that may be the night to try for an extra reservation in one of the specialty restaurants.
Such problems we have ......:D

[quote name='Jancruz']I have been reading this thread and really laughing..when I go to a restaurant I never ask ahead for them tosend me a menu first..I always assume if it a good restaurant I will be able to find something I like..why do you have to see the menu 1st..that is kind of like being on an old time cruise ship when they had special dinners..O has special dinners every night!! Doesnt anyone want to walk in and be pleasantly surprised???
Jancruz1[/quote]
No, not if you've got a half dozen (or dozen :rolleyes:) bottles of wine in your stateroom and want to select which one to bring with you to the dining room.

[quote name='JimandStan']That's the thing, I don't recall getting GDR menus even IN the Oceania Suite.[/quote]
Our's were inside the left-most cabinet of the bar, along with the menus for Jacques, Red Ginger, Polo, and Toscana. Each day the butler replaced the GDR menu with the current evening's menu. It took me a couple of days to discover that.

At $25 a pop I'll just order a glass from the wine list!

[quote name='Aruba']No, not if you've got a half dozen (or dozen :rolleyes:) bottles of wine in your stateroom and want to select which one to bring with you to the dining room.[/QUOTE]

Archived