Poesia in the Caribean 2013

CruiseCrew123

There is plenty of information on the dedicated thread:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1667903

The availability of packages varies by itinerary and market. The most expensive all-inclusive package (Allegrissimo Premium) is always available. If you can't book it online, you may find that you can over the phone. All-inclusive packages must be pre-booked.

Have a read through of the thread and if you have any lingering questions, you can post there.

Tim.

There is plenty of information on the dedicated thread:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1667903

The availability of packages varies by itinerary and market. The most expensive all-inclusive package (Allegrissimo Premium) is always available. If you can't book it online, you may find that you can over the phone. All-inclusive packages must be pre-booked.

Have a read through of the thread and if you have any lingering questions, you can post there.

Tim.

Doesn't really answer OP's question about Poesia in March in the Caribbean.

Hello all,

You can visit your countries website for pricing on packages. For instance, the UK website, you can click on this link, log in and pricing will be shown.

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Reservations-On-Board/Login.aspx?sscd=BKALPA

HAPPY SAILINGS!

Hello all,

You can visit your countries website for pricing on packages. For instance, the UK website, you can click on this link, log in and pricing will be shown.

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Reservations-On-Board/Login.aspx?sscd=BKALPA

HAPPY SAILINGS!

And when I log in using my booking number on the USA site (I'm Canadian) it tells me to call.

I HATE calling. That's what the internet is for.

Do you have a link for me to find pricing in US $ for my March 2st cruise on the Poesia?

When I try to log in it says to check my dates?

Oh oh!

When that happened to me it was because the cruise was cancelled!

Hope that doesn't happen to you.

Oh oh! Poor you!

I will call to find out, that would be horrible as it is my one week school holiday (teacher) so there is no other MSC ship I could change to.

Hope you enjoy your trip as I see you were able to change to other dates.

Tried looking for our booking on the MSC UK website but MSC tell me that if i booked with a travel agent it does not show up on their site! come on MSC all the other cruise lines let you see your booking get with it.

Here is a link to Drink package costs for UK cruisers.

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Cruise-Deals/Promotions.aspx

Tried looking for our booking on the MSC UK website but MSC tell me that if i booked with a travel agent it does not show up on their site! come on MSC all the other cruise lines let you see your booking get with it.

Here is a link to Drink package costs for UK cruisers.

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Cruise-Deals/Promotions.aspx

I booked with a TA - My cruise shows on the .co.uk site!

And when I log in using my booking number on the USA site (I'm Canadian) it tells me to call.

I HATE calling. That's what the internet is for.

Do you have a link for me to find pricing in US $ for my March 2st cruise on the Poesia?

When I try to log in it says to check my dates?

Monica,

When you visit our website, click on live chat so someone can assist you with it. Our live chat hours are 9am-6pm Mon.-Fri. Eastern time.

• 3 months later...
Tried the live chat to get the drink package info...was told to use the website....IMHO that live chat thing is rather useless:confused:

Hi Marigubob2-

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties. If you have booked with our USA office, please send an email to customer-srvc@msccruisesusa.com and someone will assist you.

Monica,

When you visit our website, click on live chat so someone can assist you with it. Our live chat hours are 9am-6pm Mon.-Fri. Eastern time.

Finally managed to on-line chat with the pleasant Dominique tonight (at 8pm). For the all inclusive, only the premium package is offered at previously quoted $57.00pp per day. :eek: So then I thought I'd just buy some beer coupons, which I have done twice in the past. They have increased from $47.00 for 14 beers (March of 2011 - last purchase) to $73.00:eek::mad:. Worse than the increase in gas prices. This is a 55% increase!!! Funny, as beer certainly hasn't gone up that much in the stores, nor has my salary.

Finally managed to on-line chat with the pleasant Dominique tonight (at 8pm). For the all inclusive, only the premium package is offered at previously quoted $57.00pp per day. :eek: So then I thought I'd just buy some beer coupons, which I have done twice in the past. They have increased from $47.00 for 14 beers (March of 2011 - last purchase) to $73.00:eek::mad:. Worse than the increase in gas prices. This is a 55% increase!!! Funny, as beer certainly hasn't gone up that much in the stores, nor has my salary.

Monicajay, i'm not sure you got the right price for the beer package - we ordered the 'American beer package # 594' for 52$. The 73$ package is the European beer package #513 that I think is not available on the Poesia when it is in the Caribbean. Hope this helps.

Monicajay, i'm not sure you got the right price for the beer package - we ordered the 'American beer package # 594' for 52$. The 73$ package is the European beer package #513 that I think is not available on the Poesia when it is in the Caribbean. Hope this helps.

Hopefully, you are right. I was using the online chat and clearly showed departure date of March 2nd. I will call today and try to order 594 (x 2) this would seem like a reasonable price increase from $47 to $52.

I'll let you know how I make out.

Have been on Poesia 2x...they sold "drink coupons"...buy 10 get 2 free...I forget exact price but it broke down to about $6.85 per drink, you could get fancy/frozen drinks...BBC, Pina Colada...mixed drinks...etc.. most except very high end liquors etc

They honored the drink coupons nicely...could even give one to a friend "buy them a drink"

much cheaper than any drinks package IMHO

they also sold wine by the carafe pretty reasonable....bottles on wine on ship were also cheaper than other lines (about $21 or $$22 as I recall? I prebought ours really much cheaper, in groups of 10 bottles)

all in all the dirnk prices on MSC USA cruises will be a pleasant surprise I think <grin> oh yeah and free ice water and coffee/tea too haha

Thank-you DSA!!! Just added 2 #594's @ $52.00 each and 1 #551 @ $144.00 and I'm back to being a happy camper. Will still by the odd mixed drink on top of this and a few Gelatos by the pool. I do wish that MSC was offering the regular all inclusive package in the Caribbean rather than only the premium. Just too rich for my blood.

Obviously the kind on-line chat lady, Dominique, got her prices mixed up despite the fact I gave her the date and the mentioned that it was Caribbean.

Final payment is done and I'm really looking forward to this cruise.

Thank-you DSA!!! Just added 2 #594's @ $52.00 each and 1 #551 @ $144.00 and I'm back to being a happy camper. Will still by the odd mixed drink on top of this and a few Gelatos by the pool. I do wish that MSC was offering the regular all inclusive package in the Caribbean rather than only the premium. Just too rich for my blood.

Obviously the kind on-line chat lady, Dominique, got her prices mixed up despite the fact I gave her the date and the mentioned that it was Caribbean.

Final payment is done and I'm really looking forward to this cruise.

You're welcomed. We took the #556 house wine @ 85$ - hope it's not too bad... Only 2.5 months left !

Hopefully, you are right. I was using the online chat and clearly showed departure date of March 2nd. I will call today and try to order 594 (x 2) this would seem like a reasonable price increase from $47 to $52.

I'll let you know how I make out.

Just back form the Poesia. Bought beer package for hubby before cruise. It was $59. Bought soda package for son and it was $29. Do not drink enough to warrant paying for all inclusive drink packages or even partial ones. Bought white wine carafe for dinner for $10. Had enough wine for mother and myself for just over 2 half glasses each. More than enough for dinner. Was not bad. i will be posting a review this weekend. Need to get pics together. Any questions, let me know. Had great time. You will too I am sure. :)

Archived