bag tags for up and coming cruise

cabinboy1945

Less than 3 weeks from my cruise, and I still haven't gotten my booklet/luggage tags! :( Has anyone else never received them? I hate having to print out my own tags-- had to do that on Carnival, and it was a pain in the you-know-what.

Less than 3 weeks from my cruise, and I still haven't gotten my booklet/luggage tags! :( Has anyone else never received them? I hate having to print out my own tags-- had to do that on Carnival, and it was a pain in the you-know-what.

I have always asked the porters to tag our luggage. They just need the cabin number and the ship name. I have not had a problem. This saves having to juggle where they are at right before handing the luggage over to them anyway. I make sure I tip appropriately too, these people ensure your luggage gets handled safely and correctly.

I had a problem once when I booked with a local TA that apparently didn't have a lot of experience with NCL. I had to call and ask if I was going to get luggage tags. They said they'd check. A few days later I got the booklet sent from the TA, so they'd either received it and sat on it or had NCL rush it to them so they could get it to me.

If you booked directly with NCL, you probably should have them by now. Check with your PCC or anyone in reservations. If you're participating in your roll call, others are likely to post when they get their booklet/tags because it makes the cruise seem more immediate. You might ask on your roll call if people have them.

Did you book on your own or through a travel agent? If booked through an agent, call to see if they received the package instead of you receiving it.

i printed my e docs for the cruise but i couldn't find anywhere to get my bag tags(sent or printed out). did i miss it somewhere that they don't send them anymore ?

My cruise is 10/21 and I received my welcome aboard packet with 6 luggage tags Saturday.

Hi, we sail on Sept 29th (booked 12mths ago) and I've just received all my edocs from my local TA whom I booked through. He said that I could log onto my NCL and print luggage tags off, or get them at the pier.

Now, I've looked on My NCL and am blowed if I can find them! Am blaming it on my increasing pre-cruise excitement! Can anyone tell me under which stone they might be lol?

Thanks in advance :)

Log in at ncl.com and go to your Vacation Summary. On that screen, at the lower right side, there's a link to "download edocs." The first page that link takes you to is the Booking Summary, and near the bottom of the first page, there's a link titled "Need Luggage Tags?" that'll take you to the printable form.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for that Shelli! It's taken me 90mins but I finally got there. For some reason the link you quoted above didn't work on MY Ncl, so I eventually got into my edocs followng a link at the bottom of the page of my actual edocs :confused:

Next question is - where/when/how do I get my Welcome Aboard Booklet? Does this perhaps come in the post seeing as I booked through a TA here in he UK.

It's to much to late on a Friday afternoon for my poor brain to have to cope with lol!

Thanks again for the help though. :)

Thanks for that Shelli! It's taken me 90mins but I finally got there. For some reason the link you quoted above didn't work on MY Ncl, so I eventually got into my edocs followng a link at the bottom of the page of my actual edocs :confused:

Next question is - where/when/how do I get my Welcome Aboard Booklet? Does this perhaps come in the post seeing as I booked through a TA here in he UK.

It's to much to late on a Friday afternoon for my poor brain to have to cope with lol!

Thanks again for the help though. :)

Yes, the Welcome Aboard Booklet comes in the mail (post) IF you ever get it. Sometimes when booking through a TA, NCL sends them to the TA and if the TA doesn't forward it on to you or tell you about it, you may not know that it exists. It's really not an important booklet that you need to do anything with. It's largely promotional and full of ship and destination info and FAQ info and such. The same things you can find online mostly. However, if you get one, you will find multiple printed luggage tags inside of it too. I do not book through a TA and I usually receive mine about 30 days prior to sailing. I also do not know if NCL sends them to international TAs for certain.

Can anyone give me advise on how to properly attach the luggage tags sent to me in my booklet onto my luggage? What is the proper location to attach them? Is it best to give them to a porter during embarkment? (then tip them appropriately) I recently read about someone covering the tags with packing tape to laminate them. This makes me wonder if these tags need reinforcement due to rough handling.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :cool:

Yes, the Welcome Aboard Booklet comes in the mail (post) IF you ever get it. Sometimes when booking through a TA, NCL sends them to the TA and if the TA doesn't forward it on to you or tell you about it, you may not know that it exists. It's really not an important booklet that you need to do anything with. It's largely promotional and full of ship and destination info and FAQ info and such. The same things you can find online mostly. However, if you get one, you will find multiple printed luggage tags inside of it too. I do not book through a TA and I usually receive mine about 30 days prior to sailing. I also do not know if NCL sends them to international TAs for certain.

Thanks for this MeHeartCruising! If I don't receive one I'll know not to worry to much now.

Ps: I see you live in Dallas - my son studied at UTD a few years ago! He was at St Andrews university here in Scotland, and went over to Dallas for a year on exchange. Loved every moment of it and we also enjoyed our holiday there. :)

Archived