arcadia no cash on board?????

seabourndt

anyone heard of this before......3nt 3rd june. only credit cards takjen fior payment onboard. never heard of this before. not mentioned before i booked it as i don't have any credit cards. hope they are accomadatiing. or might use a friends card. i think this is disgusting.....

dave

anyone heard of this before......3nt 3rd june. only credit cards takjen fior payment onboard.

dave

I've read something similar on another website (can't remember where) but the result of the discussion was that P&O will accept Credit Cards but not Debit Cards (i.e. Switch). The situation with cash and cheques is as it's always been.

For Debit Cards to work as they should you need a secure phone link to the bank, something that cannot be guarenteed from the ship.

Kevin

On all the other ships you can pay with either credit card or cash. Mind you it is always funny on the morning of departure listening to all the names put out over the tannoy of the passengers still left to settle their bills!!!!! I am pretty certain on all the other ships that they do take cash to settle on board account. Presume it is the same for Arcadia.

Just taken this snippet off of the P & O website

Sterling is the only currency used on board our ships, so we recommend sterling traveller's cheques or your cheque book and cheque card to obtain cash and currencies for the ports of call at our Reception Desk. For your convenience we operate a cash-free system on board; simply sign for all on board purchases and settle your account by credit card or charge card at the end of your cruise.

Foreign currency purchases cannot be charged to the passenger's shipboard account. Foreign currency exchanges must be made at our Reception Desk with cash or travellers cheques

Elaine

Did you know that American Express was not accepted not long ago.I dont know whether it is now or not.

Yes its amazing listening to the number of passengers names being called out.

Last year we were waiting to disembark and sat nearby was a group of ladies divvying up their bills and this was at 10.00 am!!:eek:

My husband get's very aggitated in a supermarket when us ladies leave it until the girl (or lad) on the till tally's up our bill and then we start ferreting around in our handbags for our purse to pay. You've been stood in the queue all that time and you leave it right until the last minute to get your card/cash out. It really drives him mad. These people that don't settle their bills until the last minute!! Just that same as the supermarket scenario!!!!! Didn't know they didn't take American Express but then I have a credit card that gives me cashback towards my holidays so I always use that!!

Elaine

I Concacted P&o About This And They Said Its Usual Practice. I Never Heard Of This Before. Because Its A Short Cruise. So Then They Said Just Let Us Know If Its Cash Or Cheque And We Will Let The Ship Know Thats How You Are Paying. Why Could'nt They Say This Before?

I've Been On Many Other Ships Even Short Ones And Never Been A Problem Before.

Glasd Thats Cleared Up

Dave

Archived