Coke Cards and non-alcoholic drinks

Blamar

Hi Folks:

Does Princess still have the coke cards like they did last year? Really they weren't cards just stickers that pasted onto your passenger card. But anyhow it was a good deal for two weeks when we were in the mediterranian. What is the price for one week, presuming they still have them?

Thanks,

Hi Folks:

Does Princess still have the coke cards like they did last year? Really they weren't cards just stickers that pasted onto your passenger card. But anyhow it was a good deal for two weeks when we were in the mediterranian. What is the price for one week, presuming they still have them?

Thanks,

Blamar, we just returned from the Caribbean Princess and the coke card (sticker) was about $28.00 for the week. :)

Every cruise line i have been on seems to have a vast lack of variety in pop

Coke

Diet Coke

Sprite

In some rare spots they might have Orange soda.

But thats it. It really boggles my mind that they dont even have "cherry" coke, fountain drinks cost nothing to keep an extra flavor or two on tap.

if the soft drink card will get you free juices at bars also. On a previous cruise with a different cruiseline, I found out that my much loved Virgin Mary's were free with my drink card. I didn't know that and that was my fourth cruise! Is this the same on Princess?

examples ( OJ, Pineapple juice, virgin mary mix)

Thanks!

The coke card entitles you to fountain sodas ONLY. It does not include juices at the bars or non-alcoholic drinks like virgin bloody marys, sorry!

It is a bargain though compared to lines such as RCI where the price per day is 2-3 times what Princess charges, we found out recently.

I just returned from the Island Princess to Hawaii. I had the stamp which was for fountain soft drinks, however, they do not have all soft drinks in that format. For example, if you want a diet Sprite you would have to order it in cans and would not be included. I believe cans cost $1.50 each. Hind sight being 20/20 I would have been better off to just pay $1.50 each time I wanted a soft drink, it would have been cheaper and you get more soda. They usually give you a small glass and it is usually full of ice. I did start asking for large glasses which made a difference. I also purchased the stamp with one of their special coke can glasses which is insulated. I thought that was the only way you could get the stamp. You can get the stamp for about $2.50 less if you do not opt for the insulated container. I also would ask for a couple of limes or lemons for my drink and they would add that at no cost. That was a nice way to spice up your drink. Hope this helps.

PS - if you ask for cans of soda they have a wide selection to choose from.

Harold

Blamar, we just returned from the Caribbean Princess and the coke card (sticker) was about $28.00 for the week. smile.gif

That sure seems expensive for seven days ($4 a day). We just got off the Dawn 15 day Panama full transit and I paid $35 for 15 days.

I only went with it because half of our days were at sea. So I figured I would want soda during the day. If most of our time is in port I do not figure I will consume enough to make it cost effective. Just my personal preference.

The other nice factor was, during dinner, my assistant waiter kept them coming and would replace my soda glass as it got near empty. Many nights I ended the meal with a full or half full glass that I had not finished.

Just off the Island in Alaska, the price was $25.00 including the tip for the week. For me (who drinks 6-7 per day), it was a great deal. No Dr. Pepper.

I seem to remember 2 stickers ended up $67 or some such number after tips and all were figured in. Also figure out that the ship fountain Coke is as good as the coffee and tea :eek:...

Got to carry your own Dr. Pepper on! You can just get a 12 pack or whatever and stick a luggage tag on it. They will deliver it right up to your cabin. It's worth it to have what you want!! :D

I remember somebody making a big deal about bringing cans of coke on board. sort of like bringing a case of beer on board, the guys at the gate frown on that too.

I remember somebody making a big deal about bringing cans of coke on board. sort of like bringing a case of beer on board, the guys at the gate frown on that too.

I've never brought beer aboard, but bring soda and water. Never noticed a single frown!! Did you notice, were you standing on their foot? ;)

My son loves Dr. Pepper - does Princess have that on board? Thanks

The Rhapsody of the Seas actually HAD Dr. Pepper!!! It sailed out of Galveston & I'm sure the national drink of Texas was included specifically for us native Texans... I'm hoping the Grand Princess will have listened to their comment cards!

I haven't been on a cruise before, but will be on the Pacific in July. Pardon my ignorance, but do you just show your card or do you have to lug around a special cup too?

thanks

zoomom,

I think it's a package deal, the tumbler comes with the card. But the key is the sticker they place on your cruise card. You don't have to lug the tumbler around with you. ;) Just show your cruise card.

On Princess you can get the sticker without the drink can for about $2.50 less...but if you know a teen who might like the can you might as well get it at that price.

I always ask for a "large" soda, and on Diamond they had 32 ounce glasses, which I was graciously given most of the time. I love ginger ale, which is not included with the sticker. But a bar man told me how to get "mock ginger ale" from the fountain...ask for a glass with about 3/4 sprite or a bit more, and top it off with coke...the mix should taste very much like ginger ale.

I haven't been on a cruise before, but will be on the Pacific in July. Pardon my ignorance, but do you just show your card or do you have to lug around a special cup too?

thanks

We were on Golden Princess last year, price of coke card was $22.00, seems to have gone up. We did buy the cup, but quickly found you don't need it, just flash your sticker and get your drink.

Next cruise we are taking our own drinks...I'm shamefully addicted to Diet Mt. Dew and Diet Pepsi. Could not find a Pepsi product anywhere. At the airport after the cruise my husband found Diet Mt. Dew....I wanted to jump his bones right then and there:D - just kidding.

Seriously, if you have room, I'd take at least some of my own beverages.....sodas are way over priced and very little selection. We may even buy 1 coke card and share it--not a real fan of coke products - just personal preference.

Archived