TJ Travel SPB Email address

donnogirl

Just do it! Set up the private tour, and you won't be sorry! We are a family of four, with kids 17 & 22. I searched and contacted quite a few tours before I chose TJ Travel. I had heard horror stories of group tours, and for just a bit more than some, and less even than some other tours, we had a private driver and guide in the comfort of a Mercedes van for 2 days in st. Petersburg. In fact, it was far less expensive than the ship-sponsored tour.

Once we got through customs (allow 30 min. minimum), our guide, Nina, was waiting with a sign with our name on it. The van was right out front, and off we went. We visited all the sights the big tours did, but at our own pace and with ease. We had extra time for shopping, coffee, and a metro tour that we didn't even plan for because it was just the four of us.

Nina was a magnificent guide, and the driver always managed to work his way to the front! Nina knew exactly how to beat all the lines at all the sites, including the horrific lines at Katherine's Palace and the Hermitage. She was a wealth of knowledge on art, architecture, history, and more, and didn't hesitate to answer all our questions (my husband was a political science major and did quite a lot of studying on Russian history). Her English is impeccable, and she understood our sense of humor, too. She also took a few photos of the four of us, which is a rarity for me to be in our family vacation photos!

I could go on and on about every place we visited, but it is in all the other tour descriptions. I simply want to emphasize that, while out and about on our tour, we saw the other tours I had considered and were so thankful that we did not choose them!! Yes, they had good reviews, but the other guides we saw looked bothered and uninterested, and the groups looked like they were all bored and/or lost. Nina was a little firecracker and kept us engaged and enlightened. She chose a great lunch spot and even added on interesting things to do and see, since we had the extra time. It was also nice to be able to safely leave things in the van with the driver when we didn't want to have to carry jackets, umbrellas, and even my purse a couple of times! He was completely trustworthy. He even surprised us with a bunch of delicious candies at one of the stops.(Though my 22 year old daughter may have influenced that a bit - wink*.)

All I can say is that Nina and TJ Travel absolutely MADE our trip to St. Petersburg, and I know we would not have enjoyed it nearly as much with any other group. My tip: spend the extra and make it PRIVATE, with just your own travel group or family. You will be glad you did! If we ever get to go back to Russia, we will request Nina most definitely!

Our group also booked a 2 day tour in St. Petersburg with TJ Tours and were really happy that we did. Elena was our guide & she was great. Very knowligible and friendly. She was excellent at navigating our small group of 16 through the crowds. I would highly recommend them.:D

You will love TJ tours. They are the best way to see St. Petersburg. They beat the ship's tour hands down. We used the ship's tour when we went there the first time and found TJ tours for our recent visit in June. They take care of all your details - including Visa. It is all included in the cost of the tour. They use comfortable vans and the group size is much better than the big busses that the cruise ship uses. Don't let the cruise ship confuse you either. The ship kept telling us that we were on our own if we went on a private tour there, but we just took our documentation provided by TJ tours through Russian immigration and had no problem at all.

Again, can't say enough about them. The 2 day tour included all the places the ship's tour would take you and more. You not be displeased!

Despite some scheduling blips due to traffic, road construction (surprise!)...they were great...I'd use them again. We used them with a CC group on our Baltic cruise. We were able to see all we planned...just in a different order. They also took us to places (a synagogue, a market and the metro) which the group asked for while there. Very knowledgable guides, safe driver, and a nice vehicle. Our guide spoke better English than most people I work with.

have a great time

Oh...if you're docked in the new cruise area...it will take alot longer :( to get into town...but they will account for that.

We too love TJ. We were a small group of 8 and some of the older people wanted to return to the ship early so our leader called for a private car to take them back. She then took the rest of us to the Metro and for a canal ride. Our tour was certainly personalized and intimate. Well worth the money!

We love TJ highlight 2 days, they are the best so far. Two times Baltic cruise trip, first time took NCL cruise tour is good and more more expensive but this time(TJ) is much much much better and good good price. Caocao group 8/20/2012 - 8/29/2012 NCL Sun. We will cruise baltic next year again and book TJ again!!!!!!! I hope TJ latitude will get discount price........

After reading all the posts on how great TJ Travel was last spring I contacted Olga and Tatianya and both in emails and phone calls to their office told them of our needs and expectations. both of them assured me that we would be accomodated for the hightlights tour.

when we got off the ship as a group we could not find the tour rep. she must have been 15 mins late. She was 15 mins late the second day too.

I would be glad to go into detail of why we were disappointed if someone wants to email me for details.

I will just summarize and say I wish we went with a different tour group like Red Sept.

After reading all the posts on how great TJ Travel was last spring I contacted Olga and Tatianya and both in emails and phone calls to their office told them of our needs and expectations. both of them assured me that we would be accomodated for the hightlights tour.

when we got off the ship as a group we could not find the tour rep. she must have been 15 mins late. She was 15 mins late the second day too.

I would be glad to go into detail of why we were disappointed if someone wants to email me for details.

I will just summarize and say I wish we went with a different tour group like Red Sept.

How disappointing...I hope you have contacted Tatiana or Julia about this..not acceptable at all...Sad this happened to you or to anyone :(

How disappointing...I hope you have contacted Tatiana or Julia about this..not acceptable at all...Sad this happened to you or to anyone :(

I am so disappointed that you had a poor experience with TJ travel.

We did a 2day tour with this company and cannot recommend them highly enough.

We dealt with Olga who was super efficient. Nothing was a problem to her. Any requests were dealt with immediately. Information was clear and concise.

Our guide and driver went out of their way to ensure that everything went to schedule. We were even provided with raincoats for the first day when the weather was so poor.

We had quick entry into all the places we visited,and on the second day when the sun did shine we managed to return to some places where the weather had been so bad the day before so that we could take photos.

This trip was worth every penny and having a local guide and driver enhanced our experience enormously.

We booked with TJ for 2 day St. Peteresburg tour and it was great. My husband needed a wheelchair and they supplied one for him. The places we stopped for the included lunch where also great. The food that was served where things I would not have tried myself but I ate with no problem. They also gave you a choice of a no meat item if you requested it. I would use them again the next time I go to that area. Some of the people in our group also used them for the other stops on the cruise and there were no complaints.

We went on roll call for the cruise we were on and there were a lot of other people using TJ Travel and we joined one of their groups and got a discount. There ended up being four groups of 16 (max) using them and we all enjoyed the tour. Would highly recommend them.:):)

We used TJ travel for our visit Sept. 4, we arranged our tour via email with Olga--we were only in port one day so it was important to see as much as possible.

We would highly recommend TJ travel, our guide was Elena and we had fourteen in our group. She was waiting for us as we got through immigration and kept us on time so we got to see as much as possible in one short day.

We know we need to visit St. Petersburg again and will definately use TJ travel again.

We were also on the Sept 4 tour but in a different group of 16. There were 3 groups that used them. They made it very easy to find them and get thru customs and put us right in a van and brought us back in a timely manner. We thouroughly enjoyed our day with them. Saw many sights and were able to spend much time at a number of sights includoing the Hermitage and summer palace. The guide was friendly and informative and there was plenty of time to shop. We would definitly use them again.

After reading all the posts about how great the TJ experience was I got depressed and regretted that our tour experience was not that good.

The good part was the guide was knowledgeable and competent to get us in and out of the museums.

I had written and phoned the TJ office to request a large vehicle to accommodate me (6’2” tall) and was repeatedly told no problem.

When I got into the vehicle not only did my legs stick out in the aisle but several other men were tall and could not fit in the seats. At lunch we had a discussion about changing to a larger vehicle which they did on the second day but on the first day we had a bad ride.

We repeatedly asked for time to buy museum books and souvenirs at the churches and sites only to be told that we could get them at the TJ store since there was no time.

The first day we killed an hour for a bathroom stop at a store where no one bought anything. The second day we spent an hour or more (seemed like it) at their store to pay our tour fee.

I really wanted to buy books about the Hermitage, Peterhoff, and the Church of the Sacred Blood. TJ guide did not allow us time to stop for 5 mins to buy any of these books or postcards.

I guess all cruisers who enjoyed the TJ tour did not want or care to buy postcards or the museum books. I guess we were in the minority.

We were a group of 12 that used TJ Travel in Saint Petersburg on August 29th. We were very pleased with how quick all my questions were answered by Olga and Tatiana. We wanted to do as much as we could possibly squeeze into out 1 day in Saint Petersburg and we managed to do all we wanted. None of the ships tours included so many things. There were there on time to greet us on arrival. Our tour guide was Maria and she was wonderful. We were stuck in a traffic jam and our driver changed plans so we could make the most of our time there. The hydrofoil ride to Peterhof was great. Everything was just as promised. We were all very glad that we used TJ Travel and would certainly reccommend them.

Archived