Beach Towel

Lndancer

the ship will have towels delivered to your room for excursions. They are very nice and of course they will be for sale. No need to pack a towel!

Till Constellation Southern Caribbean 11/27/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;11;27;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

• 1 year later...

It depends.

If you lose the ship's towel they will charge you $22-$25.

You will also automatically be identified as being from the ship b/c you & 2,000+ of your closest friends will have matching towels.

Some people bring their own. That's a waste of luggage space, IMO. Others buy souvenier towel at the 1st port of call so they can find their space in a sea of matching towels. The downside is there is no good place to let the towel dry.

It's up to you.

I guess I'm in the minority here. We bought 3 cheap beach towels from Clearwater Beach just before our 1st cruise. They are very lightweight compared to the big bulky towels Carnival gives you. Also, if I lose one, it only cost me $3.00 compared to $22- $25.00! People lose theirs and then steal someone elses! I don't want the headaches. Ours take up less space in our beach bag and I can find our chairs in a second. We just took them on our second cruise and it was great. Being light weight, they dry really fast. We never used the towels that were left for us in our room.

I guess I'm in the minority here. We bought 3 cheap beach towels from Clearwater Beach just before our 1st cruise. They are very lightweight compared to the big bulky towels Carnival gives you. Also, if I lose one, it only cost me $3.00 compared to $22- $25.00! People lose theirs and then steal someone elses! I don't want the headaches. Ours take up less space in our beach bag and I can find our chairs in a second. We just took them on our second cruise and it was great. Being light weight, they dry really fast. We never used the towels that were left for us in our room.

Didn't the sand and salt water from the Caribbean beaches make them sort of "yukky" . . . or did you wash them between beach visits or send them out to be washed?

I never even thought of taking a towel but a lady on one of these threads had a good point................said she's "blind as a bat" so when she goes to swim she needs to be able to find their lounges. In order to do that, they take really BRIGHT pink towels and they KNOW which lounges are theirs!;)

Anyhow, we always take the provided towels when we leave but they've NEVER been checked in (that was on HAL and Princess)...........we just were to toss them in a huge laundry bin as we boarded.

I always take my own beach towel. Very inexpensive, lightweight, lies very flat in the luggage, taking up almost no room.

The ship's towels are huge, bulky, and take up all the space in my tote bag that I'm taking ashore. If it's lost/stolen, I'm out a mere $4, not $22+.

My towels don't get dirty, certainly not yucky. The areas I visit on the islands have the lounge chairs that I lay my towel on. If I dry off on the towel, it's after I've showered the sand off, and the towel dries before I get back to the ship.

Works for me!

I'm going to take a cheap beach towell if only because it's thinner and won't take up my entire backpack in port! I didn't think about everybody else having the same towell but that's a good point too. I just wouldn't want to lose the ship's and be out 20 some bucks and room for stuff to buy will be nice :)

Archived