Diving in Belize

kurdav

We will be in belize in November on the NCL Dawn. DH and son want to dive while there. They were going to do ship excursions for the convenience of being picked up at the ship. Norwegian is not offering any dive excursions in Belize this year or next. Who have any of you dove with independently while in Belize? Reviews of the dive shops would be helpful. How were they on time getting you back to catch the tenders?

I have done both private and ship excursions at Belize. I've dived three times so far with Seasports Belize and I highly recommend them. The one time we did the ship excursion was because we wanted to go to Turneffe Atoll and Seasports takes a lot longer to get there and cannot pick you up at the ship.

When you get off the ship, you have to walk about a half mile to the their shop. It's perfectly safe to walk there and people will be happy to direct you to their shop. Just turn left out of the port area and look for a green building with a scuba flag on it.

They're very good at getting you back on time, too.

I second Laurie's recommendation for SeaSports Belize - we just used them this past April and they were great. It was awesome to watch the guides hunt lionfish. Actually one of the guides was going to let my husband try and hunt one but he didn't understand what the guide was offering underwater. He was bummed when we got back to the surface and I told him what the guide was trying to tell him - he wanted to try and get one - they used this cool looking thing that looked like a speargun. Good luck with whoever you decide to use.

cruzbound

• 2 weeks later...
I have done both private and ship excursions at Belize. I've dived three times so far with Seasports Belize and I highly recommend them. The one time we did the ship excursion was because we wanted to go to Turneffe Atoll and Seasports takes a lot longer to get there and cannot pick you up at the ship.

When you get off the ship, you have to walk about a half mile to the their shop. It's perfectly safe to walk there and people will be happy to direct you to their shop. Just turn left out of the port area and look for a green building with a scuba flag on it.

They're very good at getting you back on time, too.

we are on the dawn in Nov too my husband want to dive too, we are going on the 18th when are you guys going. maybe they can get together and split the cab or something, he was bummed that NCL didnt offer anything form the ship

Archived