Book with a TA OR NCL?

E&D2004

I have always booked my cruises with on-line TAs. Today I called a live TA and she quoted me the same rates, OBC etc as I can get directly with NCL and all the on line TAs. It seems they all have the same packages. Are there any advantages to going with a TA (live or on line) or NCL directly? Disadvantages?

I have always booked my cruises with on-line TAs. Today I called a live TA and she quoted me the same rates, OBC etc as I can get directly with NCL and all the on line TAs. It seems they all have the same packages. Are there any advantages to going with a TA (live or on line) or NCL directly? Disadvantages?

While some people swear by their PCC, I like my TA. I get a significant discount/OBC and I am happy with the service I receive.

While some people swear by their PCC, I like my TA. I get a significant discount/OBC and I am happy with the service I receive.

I concur. For NCL cruises, I find our TA saves us hundreds of dollars per person over the ncl.com prices, and the service is great.

I've booked all but one of my cruises with my TA....I called NCL to price my 8/13 Sky cruise....and NCL beat the price my TA was giving me by hundred bucks (we will be in a suite). I'm also a little bit discouraged with my TA lately.....price dropprd before final payment and she didn't want to call NCL for a price adjustment. Only time will tell if NCL works out for the better.......:o

I have probably gone 50/50 with travel agents and I have to be honest. I occasionally get a better price with a TA but I often find that, once payment is made, they sometimes will disappear. The savings are no longer great and I like being able to call the cruise line directly at all hours and being able to get answers instead of having to call the TA. I did book a river cruise with a TA but that was because the cruise line preferred we deal with them. I think that they are smaller operations and can save money by not hiring sales forces. I can forgo the cheap bottle of Latvian wine for the convenience of dealing directly with the line.

I usually book with whoever gives the best incentives and price. I recently booked with a TA that offered group pricing and an onboard credit.

I haven't found much need for many services from the agent after I book the cruise and I don't look for price drops after the final payment because you're not normally eligible for those no matter who you book with.

I'ver never had a problem with the TA adjusting the price befor final payment though.

I usually book with whoever gives the best incentives and price. I recently booked with a TA that offered group pricing and an onboard credit.

I haven't found much need for many services from the agent after I book the cruise and I don't look for price drops after the final payment because you're not normally eligible for those no matter who you book with.

I'ver never had a problem with the TA adjusting the price befor final payment though.

I've always received something from NCL for price drops after final payment. Last year we were able to upgrade to a higher suite after final payment directly with NCL. I know we hear from others that it is not so easy with a TA.

We have always used TAs for our cruises, and have it now narrowed down to two top notch companys.

But I think the best advise is: find a TA or PCC that you trust, who gladly works with you to get the best cabin, OBC, and perks available, who will work to get you a price adj. before final payment, an OBC or cabin upgrade after final payment, and maybe even has strawberrys or wine waiting in your cabin to wish you a happy sailing. Then try to remain loyal to them in turn.

We have always used TAs for our cruises, and have it now narrowed down to two top notch companys.

But I think the best advise is: find a TA or PCC that you trust, who gladly works with you to get the best cabin, OBC, and perks available, who will work to get you a price adj. before final payment, an OBC or cabin upgrade after final payment, and maybe even has strawberrys or wine waiting in your cabin to wish you a happy sailing. Then try to remain loyal to them in turn.

That's GREAT advice.

In the past we have always booked with our NCL PCC - but she left and when I called this summer, the call center persons was just plain unhelpful - almost to the point of being rude and really did not want to answer any of my questions, just kept asking for my credit card number to book. So I went to an online TA - and got the best service and 250 OBC! and even seems happy to respond even after final payment... so for now, we will use this TA.

Archived