Zipline tours Kauai & Hawaii

JJAuckland

A wondering if anyone can give us some advice. We are on POA in October & we notice there are two zipline tours on NCL website

One on Kauai - this mentions a historic scenic drive to the site - wondering if the drive is winding or whether it takes up a lot of zipline time..

The one on Hawaii (Hilo) is a little longer. Has anyone been on both tours & has an opinion on which they preferred or can recommend one that they went on.

Some of my friends are extremely keen (me...short, round & scared of heights)

Has anyone who is scared of heights been on one of these... I imagine they are spectacular!

Thank you

A wondering if anyone can give us some advice. We are on POA in October & we notice there are two zipline tours on NCL website

One on Kauai - this mentions a historic scenic drive to the site - wondering if the drive is winding or whether it takes up a lot of zipline time..

The one on Hawaii (Hilo) is a little longer. Has anyone been on both tours & has an opinion on which they preferred or can recommend one that they went on.

Some of my friends are extremely keen (me...short, round & scared of heights)

Has anyone who is scared of heights been on one of these... I imagine they are spectacular!

Thank you

you also might try posting on the ports of call board.... enjoy your cruise

I can't answer regarding these two zip-line operators, but I can reassure you as a person who has a strong "respect" for heights! My family just vacationed on the Big Island (we fell in love with the BI from our POA cruise) and we did zip lining through Kohala Zip Line. Last summer we also vacationed on the BI, we talked about doing a zip, but we kind of chickened out...my husband IS afraid of heights! But this summer we decided that we had to go for it! It was truly the highlight of our trip!!! My family consists of myself (42) DH (44) DD (16) DS (14). This was no big deal to DS as he is a competitive rock climber and has no fear of heights! If there is a way to contact the zip line operators and ask about their equipment that might put you more at ease. Kohala zip had us double clipped in, so you were always secure when moving/navigating from one zip to the next, or from one extension bridge to the next. I really suspect that is the norm! Happy planning!

We will be doing the NCL Zipline in Kauai in a few weeks. I can't compare but I can tell you that I am really afraid of heights and I ziplined a few years ago in Belize or Honduras (can't remember which one) and loved it. The first time I "took off" I could barely open my eyes but after that it was great. I have also parasailed in Kona and was not sure about that either but loved it.

Oh, TSUmom

Let me know how you go (unless of course you are on our cruise on 6th October..lol... in which case I will be the one hanging on to the railings refusing to move :-) ) ! i noticed that someone spotted a whale this month & I am hopeful the word is out amongst the whale community to head to Hawaii earlier.

Thank you Love2CruiseMore for your encouraging words

thanks

Julie

don't know if your going to Maui, or if you like to do excursions on your own but Flyin' Hawaiian zipline in maui was amazing when we went. I am an adventure enthusiast, and yes you are up high, but you need to be for a zipline. It was the most amazing experience and I would go back to them in a heartbeat.

Oh, TSUmom

Let me know how you go (unless of course you are on our cruise on 6th October..lol... in which case I will be the one hanging on to the railings refusing to move :-) ) ! i noticed that someone spotted a whale this month & I am hopeful the word is out amongst the whale community to head to Hawaii earlier.

Thank you Love2CruiseMore for your encouraging words

thanks

Julie

We are doing the Kauai Canopy Zipline - We leave on the 15th so I will come back here and tell you how it was.:)

Archived