ziplining Kauai or Hawaii?

JJAuckland

We were wondering if anyone can give us some advice. We are on POA in October & we notice there are two zipline tours on NCL website

One on Kauai - this mentions a historic scenic drive to the site - wondering if the drive is winding or whether it takes up a lot of zipline time..

The one on Hawaii (Hilo) is a little longer. Has anyone been on both tours & has an opinion on which they preferred or can recommend one that they went on.

Some of my friends are extremely keen (me...short, round & scared of heights)

Has anyone who is scared of heights been on one of these... I imagine they are spectacular!

Thank you

The beauty of these boards. My exact question. Travelling with our kids in there 20s. I am scared of heights. So it will be great if you post back with what you decided.

I see you are from Auckland, I cried up the Sky Tower- but I have done the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb OK.

Cheers Saffy

On the Big Island, contact C Big Island Tours for their Waterfall Fusion tour. They'll take you to a private waterfall (where Predator was filmed and also where they held the Red Bull Cliff Diving) after zip lining. Discounts for cruise ship passengers. www.cbigisland.com

Thanks for the tip! This looks like a good option for my husband and I . . . so many choices!

Hi Saffy22

I shut my eyes whenever I am forced to go up sky tower ... and then stand with my back to the inner wall until I am allowed ot go back down!

I will let you know if I was brave enough to zip. I am wondering what happens if you just freeze & cant make that first zip (or even worse, freeze half way through...ha ha)

Cheers

Julie

I would reccomend ziplining kauai. being a small, jungle island it is important to get out into nature and experience dense jungle. Hawai'i may be better for big beach, coffee plantations, or a helicopter lava tour.

the drive shouldn't be too winding since the island is fairly short by comparison

• 1 month later...

We just returned from POA cruise. We booked our own zip tour with Princeville Ranch. We rented a car and it was about an hour drive north from the airport o Princeville Ranch. It was a good road although there was some construction, but very scenic.

We had 9 different zips ranging from about 300 ft to 1200 feet including one suspension bridge. The zip lining was thrilling. We zipped over valleys and the views were just gorgeous. All the while we had the beautiful mountains in the background. I highly recommend.

If you have car, after zipping you should drive a little further north and check out the town of Hanalei. We drove to Hanalei Bay and ate our lunch at the beach/park. Nice park and gorgeous views to enjoy while we ate.

We decided Kauai was our favorite island as we found beautiful scenery without even looking for it. I was taking pictures out the window as we were driving.

We used the NCL Canopy Zipline on Kauai and it was fantastic. They picked us up at the pier and took us to their shop, got us in our gear put us in some really cool jeep things and it was a short ride to the course. I too am afraid of heights, deathly afraid but really enjoyed myself. They had a practice line that was short and not really high so you could get a feel for it before the real zips. Nobody backed out and we had alot of first time zipliners in our group. By the way this was my second time, the first was in Belize and they hoisted you up the tree in that one. this time it is just short little hikes to each station and I liked that better.

Archived