Most enjoyable cruise we have taken

desy

Just returned yesterday after a seven night cruise on the Island Escape and what a wonderful cruise we had on it. After reading the negative reviews on this site we were apprehenive on going on the cruise. We have been on many cruises with both numerous Costas and Prncesses cruises. We were attracted to the itnerary of this cruise and was not disappointed with new ports of call such as La Spezia and Toulon. Most of the negative comments made on this site we felt were unfounded. The food was excellent best English breafast we have had on a cruise, the staff were very pleasant, and people were returningto the ship year after year. Yes, the cabins are not plush but we only slept and washed in ours. Entertainment was very good ok not Broadway but it was good. The shore excursions were at least 50% cheaper than those on Costas cruises.

We paid just over £600 for this cruise and enjoyed it more and got more value for my money than on my last cruise on the Costa Deliziosa

If you are having any doubts about going on the Island Escape take no notice of the negative comments on here, we passed the Queen Elizabeth in Barcelona on Monday morning and I said to my wife I have had a better tme on here that I would have done on that gin palace !

I heard people saying that one of the entertainers had been sacked during the week I was on the ship. I saw him in the Sundowner on the evening in question and he did have a bit of a meltdown ,,telling stories of broken romance etc,,I tittered uncomfortably but some people were offended at his choice of language,,and then he'd gone! I felt quite sorry for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived