soda

scumbers

hi

just a very quick question or 2:

Looking at soda package on website and it states:

Beverage Package Selections

Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with the following brands to offer you, our guests, greater pleasure and value:

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Seagram's Tonic Water, Caffeine Free Diet Coke, Sprite Zero, Barqs, Canada Dry club soda

However it is showing a picture of fanta orange but it doesnt mention it. Is this included.

Also do we have to bring our own thermos mugs/cups or do you get one with the package

cheers as always

hi

Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with the following brands to offer you, our guests, greater pleasure and value:

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Seagram's Tonic Water, Caffeine Free Diet Coke, Sprite Zero, Barqs, Canada Dry club soda

However it is showing a picture of fanta orange but it doesnt mention it. Is this included.

Also do we have to bring our own thermos mugs/cups or do you get one with the package

cheers as always

They had Fanta Orange on our Holy Land cruise on Silhouette last year so it has been available.

Another welcome change with the Soda package was that we always got canned soda and not fountain. Not sure whether that applies across the fleet though.

Celebrity do not provide a thermos mug or cup with the package.

Is the pop in a can fleet wide? We did Equinox a few years ago and I got a "Coke Cup" and was told can's weren't included... we have an upcoming trip on Eclipse and I will be VERY happy to hear if it is like this on that ship as well.

Thanks for the info.

Safe Travels.

Chass

hi

cheers as always

There was Fanta Orange on our Silhouette cruise this summer. Oddly, while the Coke's served were not U.S. Coke -- they came from Spain, South Africa, and Algeria and were made with sugar instead of High Fructose Corn Syrup -- the Fanta Orange appeared to be U.S. Fanta not European Fanta.

IMHO, European Fanta appears to my U.S. taste buds to be a mix of orange and lemon flavors, is far less sweet, has a paler color, and (more importantly) tastes better than the U.S. version. The U.S. version has a more candied flavor.

And as others have noted, cans are included in the package. You don't get a special cup.

Solstice in June 2010 had the mugs and fountain service. Silhouette in Dec 2011 had the cans and no mugs. Also they swiped the seapass card on the Silhouette to verify that you were you. No more "lending" the card to a spouse to get her own can. Your picture is embedded on the card.

• 2 weeks later...

i got the soda package on 2 Caribbean cruises last year

and it was a real pain in the butt. first of all the only

places they keep the cans are at the bars, none in the

main dining room or buffet areas. this means anytime

you want a soda in those areas you have to ask a waiter

and he has to go to the closest bar and get it. this often

took 10-15 minutes and they will only bring you 1 can

at a time. i complained and they brought me 2 each

time but the wait never improved. not sure if this is the

same on all celebrity ships but it really sucked on the

millennium. not sure i would get it again !

P....

Whether pay-as-you-go, or with the package, you have to get the drink from the bar waiter or go to a bar, in other words, the delay you experienced would be the same with or without the package. Generally a word with the bar waiter to tell him/her to come back to your table quickly takes care of the timing issue. If you drink a lot of soda in a day, it can be a real bargain to have the beverage package.

i got the soda package on 2 Caribbean cruises last year

and it was a real pain in the butt. first of all the only

places they keep the cans are at the bars, none in the

main dining room or buffet areas. this means anytime

you want a soda in those areas you have to ask a waiter

and he has to go to the closest bar and get it. this often

took 10-15 minutes and they will only bring you 1 can

at a time. i complained and they brought me 2 each

time but the wait never improved. not sure if this is the

same on all celebrity ships but it really sucked on the

millennium. not sure i would get it again !

P....

Next time you could always grab a soda on the way to the MDR, then no wait for your first one :-)

As for the OP - you get cans - if you sign up for the bev package on board during one of their bev package pushes though you'll likely get a souvenir cup (which you'll never need for soda since it comes in a can but it's a nice souvenir i suppose).

Archived