CAS and Suite question

callmebetty

Please don't flame me for this....(I know, bad way to start a post)

Two years ago we booked a suite and had expedited boarding. This past year we booked through CAS and had expedited boarding.

What happens when you book a suite through CAS? The devil in me is wondering if we can get a playing card to board from CAS and give it to our non-suite traveling companion couple and DH and I proceed to the suite boarding area.

I wouldn't dream of trying to bring them into the suite boarding area since they did not pay for the perks, but since we will technically have two ways to priority embark and we can only use one, can we share it with the other couple? We wouldn't be opposed to splitting up so I am with one guest and DH is with the other...

Perhaps I can call CAS in the next 300+ days (eeeeekkkk....too long!) and see if they can shed some light on this.

When you go to the Suite/CAS Priority boarding area, there is usually someone there with a clipboard. They will ask you for your name and/or cabin number to check it against their list. They may also ask for your documentation. So, no, you can not give your friends (one of) your priority boarding.

Seriously confused by your question.

I have no idea what "expedited boarding" is. We had a dedicated check in line for CAS, but also had one for Balcony, Silver latitudes etc. Because we had 3 ways we qualified for they just sent us to the shortest. We ended up the CAS line was the shortest and we all ending back in the big room to board with the rest of the passengers except suites. So if you got priority boarding through CAS that does not always happen.

They didn't look or ask for a playing card to get in the CAS line, they looked at our boarding documents to see that we had booked through CAS, which was what qualified us.

When we traveled with our cousins we quietly asked the concierge if they could board with us. He was gracious and permittted us to go get them and bring them into the suite lounge. They were able to board with us but NOT to go to Cagneys. (We did not ask for this, knowing it is only a perk for full suites)

This was our experience - just be prepared for the concierge to say "no" as it is not a given that others will be allowed in the lounge. You could always arrange to meet later on - perhaps in your suite for sail away.

On our last CAS cruise, they gave us a playing card and we joined a group of others from CAS. We then boarded after suite passengers, but before the other groups since we had this card. Maybe they don't do that all the time?

I will ask the concierge. This is our friends' first time cruising so if it doesn't work out, we will forgo suite boarding and stay with them.

Thank you all for the responses!

I would introduce myself to the concierge in the Suite Lounge, and explain that we'll be waiting outside, because you have other friends you are travelling with.

There's a reasonable chance the concierge will invite them in, to wait with you.... but at least it's hospitality, not an 'ask'.

what is a playing card

:)

In order to keep boarding moving smoothly, people are given a "number" when they arrive at the boarding areas.

Boarding is then done by number.

Numbers are on the cards.

In July, we were given an actual playing card. We had a 9 of diamonds. Everyone in our little section had a playing card (there were 40-50 passengers there). When they called for CAS everyone went over to the CAS rep with their playing cards and handed them in. The ship was virtually empty when we boarded.

I will go and meet the concierge. If they would like to invite our friends, great. If not, oh well...it's worth a shot!

We walked into the pier at 10:27 and were on board by 10:40! It was the quickest boarding I have ever experienced. The playing card was given to us when we showed the gentleman directing people into the check in lines. We didn't have to wait in a line to get our room keys processed and we only sat for about 6 minutes, just enough time to meet another CCers. We said hello, how are you, and right then, they called the CAS people to board.

It was surprising how quick it was, maybe it just seemed quicker than usual since we got to the peir later than we normally do.

Archived