Peggy Cove on our own???

Your choices are tour, taxi, Acadian Lines buses, car rental

Your best bet for tours to Peggy's Cove is either private taxi tour or rent a car. I would not rely on buses.

I assume you are in port most of the day alot book tours and go as soon as they dock to avoid bus tour congestion later in the morning. They then get dropped say at the Citadel on the way back so you can then wander down through Halifax to Historic Properties, Maritime Museum, Seaport Market , Pier 21 and of course the harbour boardwalk and any other areas of specific interest to you.

Here is a link for a variety of tour reviews

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1586057

There are quite a few tour companies, we used Halifax Cruise Ship Taxi Tours a number of times before we moved here. We were very impressed with the transportation, all our guides were very knowledgeable and had wonderful tours, including lobster lunch a couple of times fabulous!! They will customize the tour based on your interests and time frame at no extra charge-some charge extra for custom tours.

www.halifaxcruiseshiptaxitours.com

The other alternative is to rent a car this is from earlier post asking specifically for Sundays but gives you main info.

I had some time so called a few and got the scoop:

Enterprise and/or National are in the Via rail station in front of Cruise port they are open 9-1 Sundays for Cruise ship passengers 423-0227

Thrifty's is open on Sundays in the Westin Hotel beside Via station.

982-3474

Budget is open 8-4 on Hollis St. at least 4 blocks good 15 min walk but will pick up at Pier if you have reservation just call as soon as you get in.492-7542

Avis is also open on Grafton if you have reservation will also come and pick you up. tel #492-2847 Note if calling out of province AREA CODE is 902

Hope this helps and you have great tour, if you have any other questions just ask.:)

By renting a vehicle with just yourselves or others to lower the cost basis .. you have so much more freedom.

Plan, Plan again and Plan more .. Having alt plans too as some may go astray or by the wayside.

:cool:

We just got back and we rented two motorcycle rigs with sidecars and what a blast. Great way to see Halifax and Peggy's Cove. Vicky and Kevin were excellent tour guides and drivers. All my husband and I had to do was sit back and enjoy the scenery, great stories and highlights. Highly recommend this tour! Bluenose Sidecar Tours. Easily find them by doing a search.

Fred and Shahira[/url]

Archived