11:15 am flight out of Miami, too early???

marie&rick

People always ask this question......only you can decide. I'm sure you're looking at this flight because it's cheaper. We've booked an early flight out of Fort Lauderdale (while cruising from Fort Lauderdale) and the airport is right by the port. We made it with no problems.....but I was a nervous wreck the WHOLE time.

One year (we've done many cruises), our cruise was two hours late arriving into port. If we had an early flight that time.....we would have definately missed it. So then the question is.....how much will it cost you to get home.....is it worth the money you saved for the early flight???

One year the whole boat was held up in customs because some kid had tried to smuggle drugs.....now it only effected the time by about 30 - 45 minutes.....but I would have had a heart attack if I had an early flight to catch.

So....like I said.....only you can decide if the money you're saving is worth it.

Our ship will be arriving to the port in Miami at 8:00am, is an 11:15am flight out of Miami airport too early??

Hey neighbours, Emeryville here :D

I was also debating on an 11:15 flight and decided against it. We arrive back in port on a Saturday. There are too many things that can and have gone wrong with either arriving at port, customs clearance and with having to be at the airport 2 hrs before the flight made me to nervous. We are going to take a later flight either out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale.... when i find a cheap one lol or if we have to spend another night in either Miami or F.Lauderdale and fly home early the Sunday am.

I just got off the liberty today, from Miami. I'm sitting in the ft lauderdale airport about to board an 1120 flight home. We were originally booked for a 3 pm flight, but we got to the airport super early and they had seats available so we took it. If we can do it from fll without even rushing off tge ship, I'm sure it's possible from Miami. It's only like a 15 minute cab ride.

Hope mine's is like that. I have a flight for 1015 out of MIA

Archived