C&A question from a new RCI cruiser.

tdmullins

I am looking at RCI for my next cruise. The Jewel out of Tampa,February 16th to be exact. On Royal Caribbean's site it says once you have sailed one time to come back and sign up. After I sail once and go back and sign up do I get credit for that first cruise? I am more than likely booking a JR suite if not a Grand suite, will I get double points since it is my first cruise?

Thanks again for your patience with my newbie questions.

I am looking at RCI for my next cruise. The Jewel out of Tampa,February 16th to be exact. On Royal Caribbean's site it says once you have sailed one time to come back and sign up. After I sail once and go back and sign up do I get credit for that first cruise? I am more than likely booking a JR suite if not a Grand suite, will I get double points since it is my first cruise?

Yes, you will get credit for the first cruise, and you will get double points if you're in a JS or higher. You can also sign up for C&A while on board your first cruise. Then you can take advantage of on board booking options which give you reduced deposit and on board credit.

I'm no expert, but I believe the answer is YES. You will get credit for your first cruise after you sign up for C&A, and if you have a Jr Suite, or Grand Suite, you should get double points. (The GS has more benefits than the JS...like the concierge lounge - this I DO know! With the JS pretty much the only perks are priority boarding and the double C&A points.)

Hopefully I'm right on this :o but hopefully somebody with more expertise/eperience will chime in as well.

Judy

Thanks everyone! I am excited about the double points. That would give me the same points I already have with Carnival with only one cruise. I tend to like to book suites so that is going to be really good for me.

From what I am reading the C&A program is way better than on Carnival. I am not happy that Carnival changed their perks. I was kinda knocked back after the changes. I only have two cruises under my belt, but it never feels good to have something then it gets taken away.

I'm no expert, but I believe the answer is YES. You will get credit for your first cruise after you sign up for C&A, and if you have a Jr Suite, or Grand Suite, you should get double points. (The GS has more benefits than the JS...like the concierge lounge - this I DO know! With the JS pretty much the only perks are priority boarding and the double C&A points.)

Hopefully I'm right on this :o but hopefully somebody with more expertise/eperience will chime in as well.

Judy

The perks of a JS (my favorite catagory) besides the above are larger cabin, balcony, walkin closet and the tub/shower combo :D

Having gone through a few growing pain problems in the past the loyalty programme is a big draw on Royal Caribbean, particularly at the Diamond and Diamond plus levels.

As a DP cruiser we enjoy complimentary pre dinner drinks in a choice of lounges, complimentary premium coffee throughout the day in said lounges. A free bag of washing during our cruise, free Internet time and a host of other small benefits including gifts in the cabin & so on. There is also a chance to enjoy exclusive behind the scenes tours.

For us it makes looking elsewhere for a cruise decidedly un attractive.

The more you cruise with a company you also get to know the product, helped in no small part by forums such as this one! That knowledge allows you to fine tune your cruise onboard knowing the little tweaks you can make to avoid crowds for instance.

Henry :)

Archived