2 night cruise - first timer with P&O

jackieo

Hi there

We have travelled many times with Princess and thought we would like to try out P&O with a two night cruise on Ventura. I am hoping someone can tell me what the practical aspects of only a two day cruise are. Will we have to take our luggage on board - I note with P&O cabins aren't available right away (they are on Princess). Any info would be great

Thanks.

Jackie

Thanks for the link. We will be getting our glad rags on!

As it was P&O I expected one black tie evening and actually the dress code on the P&O website mentions this for their two day cruises.

How strange that some people can't see that :)

Hello.

I do not think you will get a fair reflection of P&O by just doing a 2 night cruise.

We did a 3 nighter in July, and whilst we enjoyed it, it didn't feel like a "proper" cruise.

No real activities through the day, as there are no sea days.

Two and three nighters are often referred to as Party Cruises and therefore I think cater for different clientele.

You will enjoy but I wouldn't compare a Princess cruise against a 2 nighter P&O.

We have cruised with Thomson, P&O, FO, RCI and HAL.

Hi there

We have travelled many times with Princess and thought we would like to try out P&O with a two night cruise on Ventura. I am hoping someone can tell me what the practical aspects of only a two day cruise are. Will we have to take our luggage on board - I note with P&O cabins aren't available right away (they are on Princess). Any info would be great

Thanks.

Jackie

When are you going jackie?

Seven tenths of the world is covered in sea - that's a lot of cruising to do!

Hi there davedex

Not until May. Lol. I just want to get organised! I have a cruise in October re-positioning from new York to florida and a land resort holiday in January before this mini cruise.

There is indeed a lot of sea to see and we are trying to do our best!

Hi Jackie,

When boarding Ventura for a 2 night cruise we have had our luggae taken from us as you would on a longer cruise. However when boarding a similar cruise on both Oceana & Aurora we were given the option of posting our luggage through the hatch or carrying onboard ourselves, I think it depends on which terminal you are using. Once you board you are directed to the buffet restaurant for lunch and an announcement is usually made at about 2.00pm to say that cabins are now ready for occupation. If you're lucky your luggage will be waiting outside the cabin door, otherwise it'll be delivered during the afternoon. Muster drill is usally at 4.00pm with sailaway at about 5.00pm. The formal evening will be on your second night onboard. Hope that helps :)

If you have hand luggage go straight to your cabin and ask if its ok to leave luggage till cabin ready ( they always say yes ) although the door has to be left open.

We slide ours under the bed out of site ( locked anyway )

Ignore your check-in time and arrive 11-30 and should be onboard by 12-30 if not before

Hi,

we usually travel with princess but have completed a 9 day with P&O in june. Very similar experiences with more similarities than differences.

We have a couple of 2 nighters booked this month and next with P&O and have just completed a 3 night on the Grand Princess.

I will post any obvious differences but I think that the earlier poster is right in that shorter cruises are not the best way to compare.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

we usually travel with princess but have completed a 9 day with P&O in june. Very similar experiences with more similarities than differences.

We have a couple of 2 nighters booked this month and next with P&O and have just completed a 3 night on the Grand Princess.

I will post any obvious differences but I think that the earlier poster is right in that shorter cruises are not the best way to compare.

Thanks. Any info would be great. I realise the experience on this short cruise may not be the same as a longer one but really wanted to see what the food was like compared to princess and of course P&O cruises count to the Princess loyalty scheme - trying to get to free laundry (elite) lol. My husband says it would be cheaper just to pay for the laundry!! knowing my luck they will change the criteria before I reach it!

Hope you have good sailings!

I've done 2 Ventura weekenders , and by the time you have embarked , been directed to the self service buffet for lunch and eaten it, it will be 2pm and time to go to your cabin, the luggage has always been posted into the ship via the whole in the wall, no need to carry on anything besides your handbag, but you will be parking your own car in the car park as it won't be valet parked.

Its a hectic time, as many on there for the less than 48 hour cruise will be getting as much out of it as they can, enjoying the facilities. There will be hens, stags and birthday groups on there, especially in May which is pre- wedding season,but have fun, and remind yourself its nothing like a relaxing cruise in the sun. LOL:)

Archived