heathrow to perimeter hotels

tucker1865

I understand that local buses run to the perimeter hotels for no fee. How do you navigate this option with luggage? This is not the hoppa bus but local bus service to stops in the hotel area.

We were wondering the same thing, so I hope you get some answers.

Well, you carry it on, try to find somewhere to put it, and carry it off. These are just normal buses, no special allowances for luggage. And, of course, unlike the Hoppa, the local buses just call at stops along the road near the hotels, not at the hotels, so you would need to be able to carry/drag your luggage into the hotel.

Some info here and a link to a video of riding one of these buses - the author suggests nothing more than one normal sized suitcase.

http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/heathrow_local_buses.htm

Well, you carry it on, try to find somewhere to put it, and carry it off. These are just normal buses, no special allowances for luggage. And, of course, unlike the Hoppa, the local buses just call at stops along the road near the hotels, not at the hotels, so you would need to be able to carry/drag your luggage into the hotel.

Some info here and a link to a video of riding one of these buses - the author suggests nothing more than one normal sized suitcase.

http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/heathrow_local_buses.htm

Thanks. I had looked at the Londontoolkit site, but did realize they didn't stop at each hotel. For the low price, the Hoppa seems like the way to go. I have been shocked at how much a five minute cab ride to the hotels is.

Archived