A question about a trip Florence May 18th before May 23rd Cruise

leshklein

I seem to remember the train station having steps in Florence, but I would bet there is also a ramp for handicap/luggage access. I recommend getting to the train early though because if you have a cruise worth of luggage, fitting it all in the luggage area might be a challenge if you aren't first!

I'd also recommend going for the faster train, which lets you reserve seats. HTH.

In Florence and in Venice the trains and platforms are on the street level. So you don't have to go down a flight of stairs going from Florence to Venice.

There are a few steps leading up to the train station in Venice, also if you get off at Mestre, Venice, you will have to go down under a track and back up negotiating a flight of stairs up and down.

The Eurostar is a fast train that is very nice and fast, I think it was two hours from Venice to Florence.

There are a few steps. I can't recall how many in Florence but in Venice they are more tiered than regular steps. They are from the front of the station to the canal.

Don't forget to validate your train ticket. Look for a yellow box when you enter the platform.

You must be able to handle your luggage. There will not be any assistance anywhere. Watch out for "good samaritans." They may not be as good as you think.

There are a few steps. I can't recall how many in Florence but in Venice they are more tiered than regular steps. They are from the front of the station to the canal.

Don't forget to validate your train ticket. Look for a yellow box when you enter the platform.

You must be able to handle your luggage. There will not be any assistance anywhere. Watch out for "good samaritans." They may not be as good as you think.

Yeah we had a Good Samaritan help us find our track in Rome. But when he showed back up to help us with our bags, I knew what was going on. I hear they work in pairs and sometimes distract you just to help their pickpocketing cohort.

To be honest, I accepted one's offer to help with the bags (3 of us, 5 bags) and he pushed everyone out of the way and got the bags onto the train in record time. I gave him 5 euros for it. He wanted 5 euros per bag, I told him it was all I had. What could he do, especially when I followed him off the train and kept an eye on the bags until the train departed? But I was also bigger than he was and he was alone or it might have gone differently.

Archived