The ever popular, and annoying which beach question for PB or anyone else

TheBeachBears

My wife, daughter and I are making our second visit to Cozumel this coming December. On our last trip we went snorkeling with Eagle Ray Divers, we had an unbelievable time with them and cannot say enough good things about this experience. This time around I am looking for a beach to lounge on. We also will be doing some shopping at Los Cinco Soles and having lunch at Pancho’s backyard also wonderful places. My daughter is five and is unable to swim yet. I have read almost every review and realize that the differences in beaches may be what are important to you: so with that having been said this is what’s important to us.

Clean, available restrooms

Swimming for a five year old, less rocks more sand, less teenagers

My wife and I want sit on the beach undisturbed, low vendor count

While we enjoy an occasional drink we want to avoid drunken masses

We won’t be using powered water craft, getting a massage or hair done

I was wondering if any of the hotels for a fee allowed you on there beach? What public/tourist beach works out the best? We would want to leave for lunch, would we be able to return or does it get more crowded after lunch?

Any advice would be welcome and I am sure that there are a bunch of nice beaches there, we just want to focus on one. Thanks

when we go back to Cozumel this December, we are planning on Paradise Beach but our daughter is older(15) and she can swim and enjoy the water toys there.......since that might be a concern of yours and since you mentioned a hotel there, I thought of Melia Cozumel.....here is a link to their web site:

http://www.solmelia.com/sol/hoteles/jsp/CHome.jsp?idSolRes=5838

I tried a search of 'Melia' :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=1819861

might give you more info on it...

also, for a 5yr old, have you considered Chankanhaab Park? they have a shallow beach area that seems ideal for young children and the famous dolphin swims and even a sea lion show and swim now.....I haven't been there so I can't comment on the teenagers or vendor situation there......

hope this helps

Sharlene

Sounds like you are looking for this: Playa Azul It is just a bit north of town, so it will be easy and quick for you to leave for lunch at Pancho's Backyard, if you are going to the downtown one that is.

Playa Azul has a nice sandy beach and pretty much the rest of the stuff you want.

also, for a 5yr old, have you considered Chankanhaab Park? they have a shallow beach area that seems ideal for young children and the famous dolphin swims and even a sea lion show and swim now.....I haven't been there so I can't comment on the teenagers or vendor situation there......

hope this helps

Sharlene

No roaming/pushy vendors at Chankanaab. There is a small shopping area but if you want to shop you go to them, they don't come out to the beach area to sell their wares. Prices seemed reasonable and nobody pressured me to buy anything. If you are lounging near the restaurant, a waiter may come over to ask you if you want something but will not bother you again if you don't. As far as teenagers, they'll be there, but since it's mainly a snorkeling beach without water toys, they'll either be lounging on the sand, snorkeling or playing mini-golf. Nobody getting loud or out of control. BEAUTIFUL PLACE!!!!

Chankanhaab Park, would seem to be the answer, we booked a dolphin encounter and hope to spend some time on the breach thaks for yuor help.
Hey, you didn't say in your original post that you would already be at Chankanaab for the dolphin thing. Since you are, then I agree with cali-croozer, Chankanaab is a really nice place and would have all that you are looking for.

Archived