Has anyone used Olivier Pivain - Select Travel?

kazu

Sorry to ask but I have only found two reports on the boards (by the same poster which were very complimentary).

We are potentially looking at Olivier for a Le Havre visit versus a taxi tour. Long story short - Olivier changed his email so didn't get my reply - so by then I was investigating alternatives. Taxi tour gets us from point a to point b - but I don't know how much explanation will be given.

Taxi tour is cheaper of course but if Olivier is worth the $ that is a whole different matter.

If anyone has used him or his company Select Travel, would really appreciate hearing from you.

(btw I do know renting a car is cheaper but it is not something we choose to do). I checked Trip Advisor - 2 ratings (both excellent) but that's not a lot to go on.:eek:

thanks so much:)

Olivier Pivain is definitely worth the money! We have used him twice and highly recommend him. He will take you where you want to go, find a great place for lunch and totally wants to make you happy. His new email is: pivainolivier@gmail.com or contact@select-travel.fr

We organized a group of 7 and everyone said both tours where the best private tours they took.

Barb

Olivier Pivain is definitely worth the money! We have used him twice and highly recommend him. He will take you where you want to go, find a great place for lunch and totally wants to make you happy. His new email is: pivainolivier@gmail.com or contact@select-travel.fr

We organized a group of 7 and everyone said both tours where the best private tours they took.

Barb

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Barb - I so needed feedback. I really appreciate this.:)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Barb - I so needed feedback. I really appreciate this.:)

Out of all the private tours I've booked, he's the best tour guide. If you want photos of our trip with him this past May, email me---link in my signature.

Barb

I have been following this thread with interest as we are on a cruise in October and looking for private tours rather than pay the cruise excursion prices. The areas we will be visiting are Paris (Le Harve) and Bordeaux (Le Verdon), does Olivier cover these areas at all or is he based elsewhere?

Thanks

Sara

I have been following this thread with interest as we are on a cruise in October and looking for private tours rather than pay the cruise excursion prices. The areas we will be visiting are Paris (Le Harve) and Bordeaux (Le Verdon), does Olivier cover these areas at all or is he based elsewhere?

Thanks

Sara

Here's his web page http://www.select-travel.fr/

We used him out of Le Harve to take us to Giverny, Rouen, Honfleur and another time to the D-day beaches (American). I think all the info you need is on his web page. He is very knowledgeable and personable.

Thanks

Sara

The tour we are using him for is out of Le Havre - so you should be fine:D

I know Sylvie Di Cristo does Paris but I think more from the Riviera side - she is an incredible tour guide:D

I would email him and ask - I'm sure you are fine for Le Havre - don't know if you other stop is too far away - if it is - the good guides usually recommend someone:D

Archived