Reflection statroom #1636

sweetp09

We booked for a cruise on the Reflection in 2014. Having never sailed with X, we weren't sure what stateroom in AQ to chose. We went with 1636. What can you tell me about the location of this room (balcony oversized? in a quiet area? what is it close to?)? I appreciate your help!

We booked for a cruise on the Reflection in 2014. Having never sailed with X, we weren't sure what stateroom in AQ to chose. We went with 1636. What can you tell me about the location of this room (balcony oversized? in a quiet area? what is it close to?)? I appreciate your help!

You have chosen wisely. That's an excellent cabin with a large balcony, Bed by the bath, and near the aft elevator bank. Very conveniently located on the ship. You will be really, really happy with this stateroom.

I thought Reflection hasn't even made its first sailing yet - so no one would know for certain. I know that some of the other S class ships are identical but I thought Reflection's floor plan is a bit different.

I'm pretty familiar with the S-Class ships as we've had hump/angle cabins on Deck 9, 10, and 11. All you have to do is look at Reflection deck plans and that tells the story. There used to be Suites in this location on the other ships, and now there are A1 cabins since they added a new Deck 12 full of cabins.

You have chosen wisely. That's an excellent cabin with a large balcony, Bed by the bath, and near the aft elevator bank. Very conveniently located on the ship. You will be really, really happy with this stateroom.

I believe 1636 has the bed by the balcony.

I believe 1636 has the bed by the balcony.

The first stateroom on the angle off the hump heading aft has the bed by the balcony, and the first stateroom on the angle off the hump heading forward has the bed by the bath, then they alternate after that. That's for the Starboard side.

The Port side is just the opposite - first stateroom on the angle off the hump heading aft has the bed by the bath, and forward of the hump has the bed by the balcony.

If you look at the deck plans, all the decks on the port and starboard are mirror images of each other.

So, if you look at stateroom 1636 and then look at the corresponding staterooms (2nd on the angle) on Decks 10, 9, 8, 7, and 6, it will show that those staterooms have a fold out sofa bed which means that sofa bed is by the balcony, so the bed is by the bath.

I hope I explained that clearly. :)

Wow, I hope you are wrong. I looked at the S class spreadsheet before I booked my cabin (1636 on Silhouette) and it said 1636 has bed by balcony. I've had the bed by the bath before and didn't like it so I hope the spreadsheet is correct and has 1636 bed by balcony.

Since Reflection has a different deck plan than the others, it is really hard to tell with any certainty where the bed is located at this time. However, you have a real good location on the ship. Good choice. When the ship begins to sail, you will be able to get more info on the room.

Wow, I hope you are wrong. I looked at the S class spreadsheet before I booked my cabin (1636 on Silhouette) and it said 1636 has bed by balcony. I've had the bed by the bath before and didn't like it so I hope the spreadsheet is correct and has 1636 bed by balcony.

LOL, you are looking at the wrong ship. :D Deck plans on Reflection are completely different from deck plans on Silhouette. You are correct, on Silhouette, 1636 does have the bed by the balcony. On Reflection, 1636 is on the angle off the hump. You are in a different section of the ship.

BTW, sometimes that spreadsheet is incorrect, so you have to re-verify looking at the deck plans, using my formula.

Since Reflection has a different deck plan than the others, it is really hard to tell with any certainty where the bed is located at this time. However, you have a real good location on the ship. Good choice. When the ship begins to sail, you will be able to get more info on the room.

Actually, it's all the same on Reflection from Deck 6 thru Deck 11 as the other S-Class ships. On Deck 12 they added all the AQ suites forward of the hump, but the staterooms on the angles are the same as the other ships. Some of the numbers on Deck 11 have changed, but the bed/bath configuration has not.

• 3 years later...
Reflection Cabin 1636 ... so is the bed by the bathroom or the veranda?

The bed is by the bath. These were originally classified as AQ cabins, but later converted to C1's.

Edited by Wine-O