Anyone want to buy a cruise ship???????

derf5585

This is from "The Mayor"

One of Twin Almost New 300 ft Commercial Cruise Ships

from

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80652&item=4550383204&rd=1

Lets work it out

20,000,000$ 167,288.01 a month 8% 20 years

226 passengersx$500/wk=$113,000

113,000*4.33=$489,290 Month

62+16 crew=78*1000 month=78,000

Is this doable?

Here's my plan

There are 160,000 CruiseCriters

That comes to $125 per member

We can have our own Cruise Boat

This is from "The Mayor"

One of Twin Almost New 300 ft Commercial Cruise Ships

from

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80652&item=4550383204&rd=1

Lets work it out

20,000,000$ 167,288.01 a month 8% 20 years

226 passengersx$500/wk=$113,000

113,000*4.33=$489,290 Month

62+16 crew=78*1000 month=78,000

Is this doable?

Here's my plan

There are 160,000 CruiseCriters

That comes to $125 per member

Looks reasonable enough,count me in.

Who's the captain and what will we call her?

MUTS, rock climbing wall, ice rink, umpteen pools, lots of alternative dining options, t-shirt shops, gold-by-the-inch, etc, etc, etc........

Oh, nevermind. I'll just take a balcony anytime I want it, and I'm IN! :D

How about maintenance, insurance, port charges, taxes, licensing fees, inventory and vendor costs, refitting and reburshment costs, marketing expenses, legal fees and the list can go on and on and on. :) Sorry, don't mean rain on your parade. :)

How about maintenance, insurance, port charges, taxes, licensing fees, inventory and vendor costs, refitting and reburshment costs, marketing expenses, legal fees and the list can go on and on and on. :) Sorry, don't mean rain on your parade. :)

Any accountants out there?

Years ago in the British army if a person went to bed late, say about 3.00am, he might wake someone gently, and ask 'Want to buy a battleship'. Try it some time! :rolleyes: john

Having got to sleep you would invariably be shaken awake by someone asking you an inane question

from

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/ww2/A2966664

When I was in the USNavy a sailor in the next bunk asked which way did he go in his sleep. I answered he went thataway and you better run fast if you want to catch him.

Here's my plan

There are 160,000 CruiseCriters. That comes to $125 per member

Tell you what. You all go for this one and maybe I'll get more frequent upgrades to minisuites with balconies on the Whatever Princess. You can have my share. :rolleyes:

I'll be on the ship with the BIG ship's whistle.

...oh, and the sunbathing can be anywhere you want. I'm OK with that too.

Having got to sleep you would invariably be shaken awake by someone asking you an inane question

from

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/ww2/A2966664

When I was in the USNavy a sailor in the next bunk asked which way did he go in his sleep. I answered he went thataway and you better run fast if you want to catch him.

Oops, check above post. :o john

Picture appears to be of one of the two "Cape" coastal steamers built in 2000 for the Delta Queen company, before the company went belly-up. Named Cape May and Cape Light, they entered service 2001, and only completed part of one season, before being tied up.

Passenger load was 228, double occupancy lower berths. Can't seem to locate GRT size, but they were small ships, aka packet boats. I for one was hoping that one would make it out to the Left Coast. Being American built and registered, there was no restrictions re sailing from one US port to another.

Better hang on to my 2001 brochure - may be a collector's item.

For those of you interested in fantasizing about owning your own cruise ship, why don't you try these on for size: http://www.tug-barge.com/p508.htm

This company appears to be a broker for the NCL's Norway, formerly the historic and legendary French Superliner, SS France. I had the privilege of sailing on this Grand damme for my first cruise in 1997. The asking price is $30 Million. This is, of course, negotiable. Of course, for those of you who are up on your current events, there was a tragic boiler explosion that occurred on board two years ago and repairs are needed. She will need a costly refitting as well if she is to be saved from the breakers.

They are also selling two other noteable vessels:

1. The former Big Red Boat II, which was originally on charter to Premier Cruise Lines, but is now en route to the breakers in India. You can save her from scrap for a mere $15 Million.

2. The Triton, formerly the Cunard Adventure and then the Sunward II, is on the market. I have actually found some fairly recent cruise critic type reviews on her. There is no asking price.

:)

Archived