Tahitian Princess Departure date

PAE

This is a dumb question but I have to ask it ..LOL

We booked the 10 day cruise for Jan 9th 2006. We have a 3 day precruise over the water bungalow package also. If we are flying out of Fl. what date would we leave?? I am not sure how to arrange my leave. I was thinking they are behind us by a day but am not sure. TA is on vacation and I thought someone on here could help.

Also is the precruise ( over the water bungalow) worth all the money ? If anyone has done it??

Thanks

Papeete is only six hours behing Miami so if its noon in Miami its 6:00 a.m. the same day in Papeete. You don't cross the international date line going to Tahiti.

So I am posting this at around 5:19 p.m. Wednesday May 18 in Miami (its 2:19 p.m. here on the West Coast) and its 11:19 a.m. on Wednesday in Papeete.

Barry

Sorry, I didn't answer your whole question: January 9, 2006 is a Monday. If you have a three "Night " package in Papeete that would be Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights so you would want to arive on Friday sometime.

When we went down there we flew out of LAX overnight on Air Tahiti Nui which means we flew during the day to arrive in LAX for a late night flight to Papeete. You'll have to check to see who flies there and at what times but if it is the same as we went for you to arrive Friday morning you'd have to leave Florida on Thursday afternnoon to arrive at LAX in enough time to catch the overnight Air Tahiti Nui flight to Papeete.

Hope that helps.

IMHO the over the bungalow nights in the South Pacific (Papeete or Bora Bora) aren't worth the cost. Everything in the South Pacific is expensive. In fact I've been told that Papeete is the second most expensive place in the world after Tokyo. It's the only place in th world where I've paid more for a beer on an island than on the cruise ship I was travelling in.

Barry

I love Tahiti. Moorea is my favorite. I'm sure you will love this cruise. ;)

Tahiti is 6 hours BEHIND our time.

To be honest the only problem is the travel time. It's wicked.

When I flew home from Papetee we left at night. Flew to LAX, then on to NY. Took forever.

I have heard that Air Tahiti Nui is now flying direct from NY. That would be excellent.

Archived