Self debarkation in Southampton

EGG

Can somebody give me the specifics of self debarkation off QV in Southampton. We've done self debarkation many times before and off QV in Los Angeles.

What deck and from which elevator bank do you leave the ship?

Are there any additional elevators outside the ship that we would have to wait for? Or anything else I should be aware of? I can easily wheel my suitcase but cannot carry it down steps.

We have a limo into London. What time should we tell the limo driver to pick us up? We are not in a huge hurry to be the very first off the ship but we would like a full day in London.

Can somebody give me the specifics of self debarkation off QV in Southampton. What deck and from which elevator bank do you leave the ship? Are there any additional elevators outside the ship that we would have to wait for? Or anything else I should be aware of? I can easily wheel my suitcase but cannot carry it down steps.

Hi, when in Southampton passengers would normally leave QV via the "B" lifts and stairs on deck 2.

In the Ocean Terminal there is one long ramp, no steps or lifts.

In the Queen Elizabeth II Terminal there are escalators and, I presume, lifts (sorry, I've never thought to check) but no stairs.

I don't remember the exit in the Mayflower Terminal (despite using it in June this year :o ) and have never used the City Terminal.

I hope this rather poor information is of some use...

Can somebody give me the specifics of self debarkation off QV in Southampton. We've done self debarkation many times before and off QV in Los Angeles.

What deck and from which elevator bank do you leave the ship?

Are there any additional elevators outside the ship that we would have to wait for? Or anything else I should be aware of? I can easily wheel my suitcase but cannot carry it down steps.

We have a limo into London. What time should we tell the limo driver to pick us up? We are not in a huge hurry to be the very first off the ship but we would like a full day in London.

I've never been on the QV, but have self disembarked off the QM2 several times in NYC.

As to what deck you'll leave from...watch which deck you come in on...the same one used for embarkation will be used for disembarkation. On the QM2 you enter and leave from deck 3, regardless on whether you're in NYC or Southampton.

We've used private vehicles into London from Southampton more then once. It can take 2 hours...or a lot more or sometimes less depending on where you're going in town and whether you hit rush hour. I know that's not much of an answer. My advice is to ask the company you've contracted with..surely they would have the experience to know.

On our next trip, we will probably self disembark in Southampton, but don't plan to leave at first call. We'll probably have our driver pick us up about 8:30 to avoid the rush hour into London. We're going to St Pancras...which may be easier to get to then downtown London.

I've never been on the QV, but have self disembarked off the QM2 several times in NYC. As to what deck you'll leave from...watch which deck you come in on...the same one used for embarkation will be used for disembarkation. On the QM2 you enter and leave from deck 3, regardless on whether you're in NYC or Southampton.
Just a little note of caution, On one crossing I embarked QM2 in Southampton on Deck 3, and disembarked in New York via Deck 1. On one QM2 cruise out of New York, that I know of, passengers embarked via Deck 1 and disembarked in New York via Deck 3. It happens ;) . Best wishes.

Thanks for the quick reply. We are scheduled for Ocean terminal.

I didn't think of it, but it sounds like our plan of staying the one night at the Hilton at Terminal 4 Heathrow may avoid some rush hour traffic. By the time we are ready to head into London it may be past rush hour or at least we'll be starting from an early stop on the tube/train.

Just a little note of caution, On one crossing I embarked QM2 in Southampton on Deck 3, and disembarked in New York via Deck 1. On one QM2 cruise out of New York, that I know of, passengers embarked via Deck 1 and disembarked in New York via Deck 3. It happens ;) . Best wishes.

I stand corrected! I've never had that happen, was that out of Manhattan? I've always wanted to sail out of there (not that there's anything wrong with Brooklyn).

Cruisenh - I'm going to change the subject since you've been kind enough to respond. Sailing out of Manhattan is a unique experience. I will never forget my first sailing out of Manhattan pre 911, watching from a top deck, passing all the tall buildings of lower Manhattan. It is still a unique experience but not quite as awe inspiring (especially for a former New Yorker). Sailing under the Verazanno Bridge is also a cruise moment. I've done this many times from Cape Liberty NJ where RCCL and Celebrity cruise from. I know you cruise under the bridge from Manhattan. I've never cruised from Brooklyn.

Archived