Please Help ! Freedom construction yard Pics?

Does anyone know of a web site for actual construction site at Aker Finnyards for the building of the Freedom Ship? The artist renderings look great, but would love to see actual pics or video.

I would like to know too!!!! I have tried & tried and can't find the yard cam anywhere. Last I saw there was a NCL ship was being built. I have been all over the site I found and seems like it may not be available anymore. Help, anyone?

Bon Voyage

Dawna

As far as I know there is no webcam at the shipyard building the Freedom.

The website of the shipyard is:

http://www.akerfinnyards.com/

From what I know there are no NCL ships built there as of now.

If you are talking about the webcam where you see the Norwegian Jewel being built, it´s at

http://www.meyerwerft.com

This is a different shipyard.

Akerfinnyards are in Helsinki and Turku Finnland, Meyerwerft is in Papenburg Germany. They have nothing to do with each other.

To make a long story short...I have a German friend (he visited us a few weeks ago in Chicago-working on a ship in Philly), he works for a German Robotic Laser company. The company has 15 employees and they have the account for the Freedom. They are in charge of the laser cuts for the skeleton of the ship. He will be in Finland in June to see the progress. However, back in the winter, some other contractors attempted to take some personal photos and they(RCCL or the main shipping company) confiscated their camera. There is a strict policy for all the contractors to not take any photos (thousands of workers).

He will attempt to take photos if allowed then. I will post them if and once he sends them.

Scoop

Granduer 97

Voyager 03

Radiance 3-05

Soveriegn 8/05

Archived