Carnival Valor: balcony stateroom 9208 A MUST!!!!

divadoll

This was my first cruise. Thanks to all the advice I got on here, it was almost PERFECT!!! I say almost because I didn't like seeing the young children roaming the ship after 10 pm. But I will get into that after I talk about my room. The room was larger than what I thought from watching youtube, however, how a family of four shared these rooms is beyond ME! I couldn't imagine being in one of these rooms with my husband AND children. However, it was just right for the 2 of us with the balcony. For us, the balcony gave us the extra space so we didn't feel closed in and we love spending time out there in the morning eating breakfast or just relaxing and reading in the evening. I will say the 2 best advice I receive on here was to bring an extension strip for additional electronics and the the plastic over the door shoe bag. The shoe bag was perfect for kept little things in and keeping the counter space cutter free.

I want to say that what I REALLY love about my room besides the balcony was the LOCATION. Remember LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION is key if you are a lazy vacationer like my hubby and me. We like for everything to be as convenient as possible. We took this cruise to relax and party. So we spend EVERYDAY (except for port call days) and evening on the Lido deck. Having a room on the Lido deck was awesome.:) We were able to get up grab a plate of breakfast from the buffet and having a nice meal together on our balcony. We were always able to get our table on the left side, right next to the bar and we were able to see or interact with all the events that were going on.

As I said this was our first cruise so we did a lot of sightseeing with a group of likeminded people who didnt want to do any of the watersports. I will say the for the Eastern Caribbean cruise, the best advice was not to book with Carnival excursions if all you want to do is sightsee and take some pictures. It is soooo much cheaper to get a group of friends together and negotiate the price for a tour guide. We had 15 people in our group and we meet the at the first port while looking for a tour guide. We went on all the tours at the next ports together after that. The most we paid for any of our tours was $20 per person. We have save so much money for souvniers. :D

:mad:NOW back to the kids. We actually had a young teenager try to get a cigarette from one of our friends. Teenagers were hanging outside of the ADULT nightclub at 2 am. So much was going on. In this day age, I was very concern about the lacka daisy attitude everyone had for the safety of the children on board. I understand it is a confined environment. But that is a big ship with a lot of hidden places for things to happen. I think there should be a curfew for kids under 16 without their parent. :mad:

ANOTHER BIG BIG BIG ISSUE I had was the SUPPOSEDLY ADULT pool area. It wasn't. :eek: The only part that was no kids was the whirlpool.

Besides my issue with the children. It was a good cruise and I plan on taking another next year. AND A BALCONY ON THE LIDO DECK IS STANDARD!!!!:)

288939_10151092940690909_1567877323_o.jpg.2d62ec92d760076cffb29234f97067cd.jpg

SAM_0943.jpg.e19e0951f009be50faeb7fbf76b323cc.jpg

SAM_0937.jpg.e3c217723b425c70484033dd9bf354c9.jpg

9208 is an inside cabin.

--

for a balcony cabin the 3/4 person sleeps on the sofa and the upper bed. If your cabin was fixed for4 people the upper bed is tucked into the ceiling. You would not know its there at all.

we did 5 of us to an inside cabin on our first cruise-- had a great time.

9208 is an inside cabin.

--

for a balcony cabin the 3/4 person sleeps on the sofa and the upper bed. If your cabin was fixed for4 people the upper bed is tucked into the ceiling. You would not know its there at all.

we did 5 of us to an inside cabin on our first cruise-- had a great time.

NO. I was on the Carvnival VALOR and my room was a BALCONY!;) As you can see from my photo. Please check the ship deck plan, maybe the room numbers changed since you sailed on it. No offense but I couldn't IMAGE that many people in that little cabin with me.

NO. I was on the Carvnival VALOR and my room was a BALCONY!;) As you can see from my photo. Please check the ship deck plan, maybe the room numbers changed since you sailed on it. No offense but I couldn't IMAGE that many people in that little cabin with me.

You do not have to be so rude and SHOUT at Serene. She spends countless hours HELPING everyone on the boards.

According to the RECENT Valor deck plans....9208 is an inside room.

Cabin 9208 4G 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: no window or balcony

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

chair and coffee table

Do you perhaps have the wrong cabin number??????

You do not have to be so rude and SHOUT at Serene. She spends countless hours HELPING everyone on the boards.

According to the RECENT Valor deck plans....9208 is an inside room.

Cabin 9208 4G 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: no window or balcony

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

chair and coffee table

Do you perhaps have the wrong cabin number??????

FIRST- I want to apologize to susies8862. I didnt capitalized to shout at her but to emphasize my ship (Which was the wrong ship!). Sorry!!! All this confusion and I had the wrong name of my ship. It was the Destiny. I was going on the valor and then we had changed ships.

Please accept my apology for the confusion.

FIRST- I want to apologize to susies8862. I didnt capitalized to shout at her but to emphasize my ship (Which was the wrong ship!). Sorry!!! All this confusion and I had the wrong name of my ship. It was the Destiny. I was going on the valor and then we had changed ships.

Please accept my apology for the confusion.

ahh, thats better. On the valor that cabin is located all the way forward. On the Destiny its a very good location.

• 3 months later...

Archived