Best "Quiet" excursions...

EithneMay

I have recently noticed that a lot of the excursions that were once offered in the Caribbean ports are missing. Most noticeably for the hubby and myself was the St. Thomas "Yacht Adventure, Sail and Snorkel." We loved the fact that this sailing tour was limited to 3 couples. It made for a wonderful, quiet, peaceful, and relaxing day with the opportunity to snorkel and help sail if one wanted. On our last Celebrity cruise, we noticed fewer excursions offered and the ones that were seemed to be packed with 50+ people. We love to snorkel, but are now feeling limited to private tour operators or just finding the most secluded beach.

I know this is a matter of personal preference, but what are your favorite Caribbean excursions that involved water and not a large crowd?

In St. Thomas, I highly recommend taking the ferry over to St. John if you want to snorkel. It is easy to do and you can go there and back in the time alloted in port. There are plenty of places to snorkel there and the beaches are pretty empty. I really loved our day on St. John.

http://seestjohn.com/transportation_ferries.html

In St. Thomas, I highly recommend taking the ferry over to St. John if you want to snorkel. It is easy to do and you can go there and back in the time alloted in port. There are plenty of places to snorkel there and the beaches are pretty empty. I really loved our day on St. John.

http://www.**********/general_usvi/interisland_ferry/#St.%20John%20Passenger%20Ferry:%20%20Red%20Hook%20to%20Cruz%20Bay

You are correct: and, Secret Harbor in St. Thomas is also very nice.

I have recently noticed that a lot of the excursions that were once offered in the Caribbean ports are missing. Most noticeably for the hubby and myself was the St. Thomas "Yacht Adventure, Sail and Snorkel." We loved the fact that this sailing tour was limited to 3 couples. It made for a wonderful, quiet, peaceful, and relaxing day with the opportunity to snorkel and help sail if one wanted. On our last Celebrity cruise, we noticed fewer excursions offered and the ones that were seemed to be packed with 50+ people. We love to snorkel, but are now feeling limited to private tour operators or just finding the most secluded beach.

I know this is a matter of personal preference, but what are your favorite Caribbean excursions that involved water and not a large crowd?

Hi EithneMay,

We were on Summit with you in February, although we unfortunately never got to meet! On your advice, my husband and I took the Yacht Adventures excursion, and it was the best thing we've ever done! We are going on Reflection this coming January, and this excursion is not included. Do you remember the name of the boat? The captain's name was Carl, and his first mate was Katie. If they are no longer working for Celebrity, maybe we could book them privately, if we could find them. I haven't had any luck so far.

I have recently noticed that a lot of the excursions that were once offered in the Caribbean ports are missing. Most noticeably for the hubby and myself was the St. Thomas "Yacht Adventure, Sail and Snorkel." We loved the fact that this sailing tour was limited to 3 couples.I know this is a matter of personal preference, but what are your favorite Caribbean excursions that involved water and not a large crowd?

There are quite a few private excursions from Red Hook that are exactly as you described with the three couples. Hit the St. Thomas Port of Call Board, and you will see quite a few links to excursions that would interest you. :)

Hi EithneMay,

We were on Summit with you in February, although we unfortunately never got to meet! On your advice, my husband and I took the Yacht Adventures excursion, and it was the best thing we've ever done! We are going on Reflection this coming January, and this excursion is not included. Do you remember the name of the boat? The captain's name was Carl, and his first mate was Katie. If they are no longer working for Celebrity, maybe we could book them privately, if we could find them. I haven't had any luck so far.

I am glad you enjoyed that excursion! It was also a highlight for us. I would love to book them again. That excursion is showing for some cruises but not after February!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are quite a few private excursions from Red Hook that are exactly as you described with the three couples. Hit the St. Thomas Port of Call Board, and you will see quite a few links to excursions that would interest you. :)

Thanks! I will check out Ref Hook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have recently noticed that a lot of the excursions that were once offered in the Caribbean ports are missing. Most noticeably for the hubby and myself was the St. Thomas "Yacht Adventure, Sail and Snorkel." We loved the fact that this sailing tour was limited to 3 couples. It made for a wonderful, quiet, peaceful, and relaxing day with the opportunity to snorkel and help sail if one wanted....

There are several Captains offering similar private tours on sailboats limited to 6 passengers. Most of these sail from Red Hook. We've taken a couple different ones over the years and our favorite is Rumbaba. If you go to the St. Thomas port of call forum and search for Rumbaba you'll find a lot of reviews and comments about them and most of the threads will also discuss other sailboat operators.

Archived