Top Chef The Cruise

lallak1

Anyone else booked on the Constellation April 11 - 15 for the Top Chef The Cruise sailing? This is a theme cruise, not a Celebrity sponsored cruise, as appears Bravo has booked the ship and is using an outside travel agent for bookings. You can find details by googling Bravo or Top Chef The Cruise.

We love Celebrity cruise lines, and also love Top Chef, so thought this would be a great way to celebrate both loves.

Never having done a theme cruise like this, I am curious on what to expect that may be different from a "normal" cruise. Both positive and negative feedback is welcome!

I did actually put down deposit so it looks like you will have some company on this cruise!

I am glad that you are familiar with the Celebrity line. I'm sure as the time gets closer, I will have more questions about it. All I know at this point is that my room is a Sky Suite (the reason I chose was because it guaranteed good seats for the events in the theater.) Also, I did not get the beverage package (which seemed a bit pricy for such a short cruise) but if you can convince me otherwise, I think this can be added at any time.

Already something else to look forward to!

Robert

Glad you will be on board, Robert. It may be time to start a roll call for this cruise....I may do that later this week.

We did buy the drink package, although we never have in the past. It does sound pricey on the surface. However, the package includes all beverages on board, including water, soda and specialty coffees. Given that, and we figure we will likely want to try a variety of wines (rather than get a bottle or two with dinner) with all those "top chef inspired meals", we thought it would be a good way to go this cruise. : )

Linda

We just reserved a cabin for this cruise as well. All of the suites, except the penthouse, were taken so we have a concierge class stateroom on the stern and we're in the first 15 rows for the events. In browsing the boards, it's seems this level of cabin and location are very good. We did purchase the drink package. I can only gauge the price of drinks on our Princess Alaskan cruise from last year but given the price of drinks, adult and otherwise, I think we could surpass the price of the package without a problem and we're not heavy drinkers.

We're very excited and looking forward to it!

• Administrators

Amy Williams Bernstein, a freelance journalist is writing an article about theme cruises for USA Today's GoEscape travel magazine, and is interested in a few specific upcoming theme cruises, including Top Chef: The Cruise. If you are interested in being interviewed for this article, please contact her directly at:

amywb50@hotmail.com

Of course, you can share with her how much you LOVE Cruise Critic!

Laura

• 5 months later...

We just received an invitation to "Dining in the Dark" where we'll be blindfolded during dinner. We signed up for it. It sounds really interesting and a great way to test my palette. Anyone else sign up for it?

They also asked for a suggestion for another themed dinner. I suggested serving the meals that the various chefs have won Top Chef with. That would be great!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived