Golden Cabin Selection

justsailingaway

I had D704 on the Golden. It was a mini-suite. I loved the cabin, the bathroom had a bathtub (which was alot better than the showers on previous cruises, I'm 6'4'' 260 pounds). The balcony was nice, it would have been better if it was covered or partially covered. The movies and shows were enjoyable.

Clean ship with a unique design. I enjoyed the position of the cabin, because we always seemed to be facing the island while we where docked.

Overall it was a cool ship. I hope this helps

My wife and I were in Caribe 517, bare-bones inside cabin, and I have nothing but great things to say about it, well other than the fact that it was a bit cramped, but nothing unusual. It was the cheapest cabin available when we booked, it was quiet as it can get, comfortable, and convenient to everything - equal distance from the front and back of the ship, equal from the promenade (and everything therein - restaurants, theatres, etc), and from the top decks (buffet, pools, etc). My mentality is save the money on the cabin (you don't spend a whole lot of time there), and spend the money on the shore and ship.

As for what I liked about the Golden, it was pretty much everything, but my favourite part is the wraparound promenade deck - you can walk all the way around the ship from stem to stern watching the sea while you're on deck.

Enjoy your cruise!

-bb123

We have been on the Golden twice, once in a balcony cabin, and the other in an obstructed view outside cabin. Both were fine. We took both as guarantee and took what we got. We like to go often and save the $$$. The Golden if great, I especially like the PC dining room on the Plaza deck and the coffee at the Lobby Bar on Plaza deck is great. We enjoyed the spa pool and the pool on the back deck. The bad thing on the Grand class ships is the shower. It is really small and the comedian usually has fun with jokes about it. When we were on a back to back cruise, hubby actually took to showering in the men's locker room. I loved it because I had the entire cabin to myself to get ready.

We were on Golden in April and had a Baja portside,mid-ship balcony cabin. Balcony could fit 2 chairs and a table and it was fully covered. Above us, Aloha deck cabins also had covered balconies. Below us, balconies were larger but had no privacy. Alice is right about the shower-very small. I liked it, my DW did not. We really enjoyed the balcony, especially room service in the morning and watching the Southern Cross in the evening.With a portside view you can see all the islands you pass before you dock. Dawn breaking over the islands while on the balcony is breathtaking. Loved the aft pool (deserted) and afternoon tea (white gloved service, great brewed tea and scones with jam and clodded cream). Also loved bar hopping to get a t-shirt (14 bars were needed). This was our first Princess cruise and we fell in love with the Grand Class ships (Star Princess is next for us).

Archived