I just purchased a Prescription mask and need help

bluecruisin

ya mean a snorkel?

pretty much any snorkel is gonna work with any mask (altho I'm SURE now someone is gonna have an example to the contrary)

there are options like the ones with a valve at the top, and/or a purge at the bottom, flex hose or rigid. And don't forget about matching colors . . .

http://www.leisurepro.com/Cat/Context_954/Snorkels/959.html#!1

CSBSDD.jpgOSBSZP_2.jpg

I rec;'d it in the mail and there is no mouth piece with it. If I order one then how will I know if it will fit with my new mask? How will it attach> Please help this somewhat novice out!! thanks

Masks, real ones at least, are pretty much always sold without a snorkel. Take the mask to a dive shop and let them show you what's available. I haven't been diving in years but you want a comfortable mouthpiece and a simple large tube curved to go around your head. They used to sell "self sealing" snorkels with some kind of ball valve arrangement to keep water out of it. Avoid those, they either don't work or if they do they're more trouble than they're worth. You sound like you have no training at all. If that's true I would suggest at least a snorkel course from your local dive shop before trying to use your new equipment in some distant tropical location.

btw, any snorkel you buy is going to have some sort of a strap or clip that simply attaches the snorkel to the mask's head strap . . . . on the two pictures I posted you see this device about midway along the length of the tube (btw left picture has "splash guard", purge and flex hose; while right is more of a simple tube)

in the olden days we'd just tuck the tube inside the mask strap!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived