Zuiderdam 5/21 - Karoake/Idol??

phillyg

Doing ZD for 2nd time on Sat. DW told me to take oldest daughter and 14yo grandson who've never cruised; DW has to stay behind. Is she a great wife, or what? Last time no Karoake; bummer. But, I read that ZD is doing an American Idol type of thing. Anyone know if they're still doing it, and is it Karoake rather than just singing with the pianist in the piano bar? We like to make fools of ourselves, but the piano bar thing just wasn't us.

I can't tell you if they're still doing it, but if they are it's such fun! It's in the Queen's Lounge (at least it was on the Oosterdam) and it's just like American Idol (except it's done with a Karaoke machine which the audience hardly sees) with some of the entertainment staff serving as judges. It was tremendously popular on our last cruise and the lounge was packed to the gills. You have to get there early to get a seat.

With it's popularity, I can't imagine them stopping it.:D

I agree with Heather, dont know if they still have it but when we were on the Zuiderdam last Aug, they had it in the queens lounge, the first night is Karaoke and if your good enought they ask you to join Idol contest. However if I remember correctly, only adults 18 and over were allowed to sing.

We had the "Oosterdam Superstar" competition last week, ala "American Idol". DW would not let me enter! :( The first night is pure karaoke and it was in the Northern Lights lounge and then moved to the Queen's Lounge for the next 2 rounds and the finals were held in the Vista Theatre. Great fun (at least for those who were allowed to sing)!!!! :eek:

Archived