Has anyone done RC's SUP Tour STH5?

Sheal

I'm curious as to where the excursion takes place. In the description it is noted as a secluded beach.

Also considering renting while on St. John from Arawak. If you have any experience with either one I would like to hear it.

Sheal

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I didn't see any responses, so I'll post my comments. We took this excursion last week and I would say it is "just okay". The water was a bit choppy due to the wind and for me and my family it was "Kneel Down Paddleboarding" instead of Stand Up Paddleboarding (we had never tired it before). It was about a 40 minute ride each way to the beach, about as far as you can travel on the small island. When we arrived, the 12 cruisers taking the excursion were broken up into two groups. The first group paddleboarded for about 45 minutes, then switched to relaxing on the beach while the second group went out on the paddleboards. The Snuba excursion also takes place at the same beach, so we had to be careful not to paddle on the heads of the divers.

I didn't see any responses, so I'll post my comments. We took this excursion last week and I would say it is "just okay". The water was a bit choppy due to the wind and for me and my family it was "Kneel Down Paddleboarding" instead of Stand Up Paddleboarding (we had never tired it before). It was about a 40 minute ride each way to the beach, about as far as you can travel on the small island. When we arrived, the 12 cruisers taking the excursion were broken up into two groups. The first group paddleboarded for about 45 minutes, then switched to relaxing on the beach while the second group went out on the paddleboards. The Snuba excursion also takes place at the same beach, so we had to be careful not to paddle on the heads of the divers.

Thanks for the review...one question, do you recall the name of the beach where they had this SUP excursion?

Thanks for the review...one question, do you recall the name of the beach where they had this SUP excursion?

Sorry, I don't remember the name of the beach. It was off the beaten path. We actually were dropped off the shuttle on the side of a road and walked about 50 yards to the beach.

I forgot I even asked this question, thanks for posting a review as we will be back there in Nov with the same ones who wanted to try it in the first place.:) We decided to go to St. John but ended up at Trunk Bay. I know they offer rentals at Cinnamon so maybe next time.

Thanks!

Sheal

Archived