Best prices right before final payment or right after???

waterbugohio

Let me just say this.....while everyone likes a deal....it's nice sometimes to just book if you are happy with the price you currently see and start looking forward to your vacation....doing nothing but constantly obsessing over price checking to see if you got the best deal will eventually wear you down and take away a lot of the enjoyment. This is vacation....it's supposed to be fun....not work;)

For anyone reading my options in this thread, I will share how it all turned out.

I finally caved today, one week after final payment and put a balcony cabin on the liberty on hold. The balcony guarantee had been running 679 for the last week, and while looking today decided to pick my cabin for 719 pp instead.

Well, thank goodness it was just a hold. Four hours later I do a mock booking just the the heck of it. The balcony guarantees just dropped to $549 pp. $170 pp cheaper than what I had on hold. So a quick call to my travel agent. She books the new guarantee room and cancels the hold.

We are now "up" $240. Which hopefully will cover the bar tab.

Good luck to all others playing the waiting game

It all depends. My upcoming Monarch cruise outside cabins that started at $229 went up to nearly $400 even until after after final payment, and then with just 3 weeks before cruise the prices dropped down to about $179. So there can be huge spikes in price

Archived