Cruise Review: Venice, Bari, Corfu, Athens, Mykonos, Dubrovnik - Splendour - Aug 2012

LitaArn

Hi Louise,

I'll start on the Compass for Day 2 of our cruise. If Royal had issued Compass for the Embarkation Day, I'm sorry that I didn't get one.

DSC01925-1.jpg

DSC01930-1-1.jpg

DSC01927.jpg

DSC01929.jpg

I got one for day 1 so if anyone wants to see it let me know and I will scan it through :)

I got one for day 1 so if anyone wants to see it let me know and I will scan it through :)

Thanks Christine :)

I think Louise (louhun88) might also like a copy of Day 1. If you can, would you please scan it and post it either here or on your review.

Hugs, and thanks in advance :)

Edited by LitaArn

AUG 31st Friday (Last Day of the Cruise) - DUBROVNIK

As I’ve mentioned before, I had to do my reviews of Mykonos and Dubronik earlier. Here is the link to my review of our ship’s excursion “Highlights of Dubrovnik Riviera” which included the sights of the seaside resort of Cavtat, the famous Konavoski Dvori Restaurant, and the very lovely Old Town of Dubrovnik. The review starts from post # 163 to # 166

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1704530&page=9

Because our tour bus got caught up in a traffic jam at the Old Town of Dubrovnik, our group was late in coming back to the port. The Splendour was supposed to sail at 1pm and I think we got back 10 minutes before. The 3 of us were some of the first ones to get off the tour bus and went through security, but because they had to tag the Croatian wine we bought, we were the last ones to leave the area. We saw that as soon as security checked in the last member of our tour group, they immediately dismantled the security lines to get ready for the sailaway. That was a new experience for us. We’ve never been that close to checking in that late in any of our cruises..

We were in Dubrovnik from 7am to 1pm. It was a very short stop considering that there were so many amazing places to see there.

Sorry, but I can't resist posting again a few photos of beautiful Dubrovnik:

DSC01686_zpscce6920e.jpg

DSC01707_zpsdb082123.jpg

DSC01734_zpsf4e54c66.jpg

DSC01758_zps3886a537.jpg

DSC01789_zps0b688bce.jpg

DSC01802_zpsa6112840.jpg

Edited by LitaArn

LAST NIGHT OF THE CRUISE - Aug 31st

It was time to say goodbye and show our appreciation, in terms of extra gratuities to our most wonderful staff (Christine and family did the same gesture as well to their staff). We wouldn’t have been able to enjoy a most fabulous cruise without their excellent help, and their ever smiling lovely faces :)

Elvie from Philippines - Suite Attendant

DSC01522.jpg

Roberta from Brazil - Concierge Bar Server

DSC01845.jpg

DSC01844.jpg

Diego from Uruguay - Concierge

DSC01846.jpg

Edited by LitaArn

We did My Time Dining and we had several waitstaffs during our 7 day cruise, all excellent! On our first night, we had Hugo from Cuba and assistant Ping from China. We also had Rannie from Philippines and assistant Susanah from ? I’m sorry to say that there was one night that I didn’t get the names of our Waiter and his assistant (we still gave them extra tips for their excellent service). Most of the nights though, we had Bernadeth from Philippines and assistant Elmar from ? All these lovely waitstaff contributed greatly to a most wonderful cruise. It was difficult saying goodbye to all of them, specially Bernadeth. She was superb in her job, giving us special treats all the time :D and so warm and caring!

Our Waiter, Bernadeth - There were a couple of nights after dinner that she gave us several mind bender illustrated puzzles to solve, a couple of which we weren’t able to figure out :o She also was a whiz in building this “tower of toothpick and dining forks”.

DSC01853.jpg

DSC01857.jpg

DSC01858.jpg

Edited by LitaArn

Aside from Bernadeth and Elmar (partially hidden wearing a dinner napkin “headgear”), I also see Hugo and Ping on this photo

DSC01861.jpg

The lovely Misses (including Elmar too :D Bernadeth is a Mrs) :)

DSC01865.jpg

From left to right: Bernadeth, Susanah, Rannie, and Elmar

DSC01868.jpg

DSC01871.jpg

Hi Louise,

I think the above Compass turned alright; generally readable I hope.

I'm sorry, but I will have to post the rest of the Compasses later. I'll have to work on the quality of photos a bit more.

Thanks for your patience... :)

Thanks for the compasses (there good quality and definately readable), i really appreciate you posting them. I like to be able to get and idea of whats going on and timings, there's certainly plenty of different entertainment!

Louise

Thanks Christine :)

I think Louise (louhun88) might also like a copy of Day 1. If you can, would you please scan it and post it either here or on your review.

Hugs, and thanks in advance :)

I would quite like to see that Christine, im reading both reviews so either one is great!

Louise

Just stopping by to say tks for your posting, I have been following along and have enjoyed your review and also that from the UK family you hooked up with on CC and now seem to be family friends foerever. It was interseting to follow both your reviews capturing each of your aspects on cruising.

We have cruised the Splendour before the refurb, where is the Park cafe? that is new a new eatery onboard.

BTW: Great job posting the Compass, so many folks ask for this on these boards and it is the 1st time I have seen it for a full itinerary...

Lita-I love the pictures of your cabin. Due to multiple price drops, we have a grand suite a few doors down from yours next month. I cannot wait. I've never had anything other than a standard balcony cabin. Now to figure out the perks.... Thanks, Dena

Just stopping by to say tks for your posting, I have been following along and have enjoyed your review and also that from the UK family you hooked up with on CC and now seem to be family friends foerever. It was interseting to follow both your reviews capturing each of your aspects on cruising.

We have cruised the Splendour before the refurb, where is the Park cafe? that is new a new eatery onboard.

BTW: Great job posting the Compass, so many folks ask for this on these boards and it is the 1st time I have seen it for a full itinerary...

The Park Cafe is where the inside solarium/pool is - deck 9