On Board Credit and coupons for On Board Credit

Recently I was able to change my reservation from RCL to an online company that offered on board credit.,... this company tells me that they have notified RCL about some of my OBC and that I should take a copy of the coupon from their company showing the additional OBC....has anyone done this before? I am worried that RCL will not honor the coupon OBC. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this and how they handled it. Thanks!

I have had OBC in the past and it was applied to my account without any problems but this coupon is what bothers me! They told me I have $200 OBC but only $100 will show on the account and I must present the coupon for the other $100 to be added.....they told me this is done all the time with no problems and I just wondered if anyone else had run across this.

I have had OBC in the past and it was applied to my account without any problems but this coupon is what bothers me! They told me I have $200 OBC but only $100 will show on the account and I must present the coupon for the other $100 to be added.....they told me this is done all the time with no problems and I just wondered if anyone else had run across this.

Not saying it's not legit, but I've never heard of this kind of coupon before.

Recently I was able to change my reservation from RCL to an online company that offered on board credit.,... this company tells me that they have notified RCL about some of my OBC and that I should take a copy of the coupon from their company showing the additional OBC....has anyone done this before? I am worried that RCL will not honor the coupon OBC. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this and how they handled it. Thanks!

Something is not right here

If you transfered from RCI to an agent your full booking will transfer including any OBC in the record. If addition OBC is to be applied the travel agent has to do it.

This is no different then getting a discount certificate or coupon, the TA will apply it throught the RCI/TA computer system.

I can tell you know taking a coupon on board with you will not work. It must all be in the record before boarding

Now that I paid in full do you think that the TA can provide me some kind of paperwork from RCL showing all the OBC's I am entitled to? Then I could take that paperwork with me to present if there is a discrepancy in the total amount of OBC's due me? Thanks

You can ask the TA for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. This should show any Royal entries, such as Visa points OBC, C&A balcony discount, on board booking OC, C&A savings certificate, etc. It will not show any OBC promised by the TA. That is between you and the TA.

Good luck with it. One reason we've never messed with TA's is because we want to deal direct with RCCL on our reservation and not have to worry about a third party. It's just us, but when it's a 2-3000.00 vacation, it's not worth it to us to involve another party who can complicate things overall for what is usually 100.00 give or take, the price of a few drinks on a ship.

I sure understand what you are saying....this is the first time in 32 cruises that I ever switched my reservation from the cruise line to a TA to get OBC...

we will see how this goes...I will call the TA tomorrow and demand something in writing showing the total amount of OBC due me ...something I can show the cruise line if I have to. Maybe that will help........not sure I will do this again.....like you, I like being in control of my reservation. Just figured $200 OBC would come in handy!

I sure understand what you are saying....this is the first time in 32 cruises that I ever switched my reservation from the cruise line to a TA to get OBC...

we will see how this goes...I will call the TA tomorrow and demand something in writing showing the total amount of OBC due me ...something I can show the cruise line if I have to. Maybe that will help........not sure I will do this again.....like you, I like being in control of my reservation. Just figured $200 OBC would come in handy!

Just a note that no matter what the TA gives you in writing, if you have a problem with a non-Royal OBC, there will be nothing the folks on board can do about it.

I'm in the same boat. (pun intended)

First time I have used an online TA. I used a well known agency though. They finally offered enough perks for me to give them a try.

So I am curious as to how smoothly this goes.

150 OBC and prepaid tips. They are also supposed to email a voucher for a specialty restaurant for 2.

First time for any of this for me.

TonyFred: I bet we are with the same TA- they ran a special sale over labor day weekend. I also was told I will receive a free specialty dinner for 2. I then realized that the Vision has no specialty dining so they said I would receive a bottle of wine it its place. I really appreciate all the advice cruise critic has given..I intend to call the TA today and ask for a copy of the ammenties invoice from RCI...atleast that is someplace to start!! I gave this TA lots of business...this is a B/B cruise and and our friends traveling with us transferred their reservations as well.

Archived