My Awesome Bar Package- Tried it, LOVED it!

Sunmist

The poor OP just wanted to report on how much she enjoyed the program....could we just stop all the diatribe on whether or not people who want to purchase the program should start gathering local AA schedules before leaving on their cruise..

Well said!

The poor OP just wanted to report on how much she enjoyed the program....could we just stop all the diatribe on whether or not people who want to purchase the program should start gathering local AA schedules before leaving on their cruise??

WHEW!!! Good to know I was going to go thru the AA list just to be sure before purchasing the package - HA HA

Hi All,

So I just got off the Splendor this past Sunday and signed up for My Awesome Bar Package. Let me just say how much I LOVED this package.

It was so nice not having to worry about how much money I was spending on drinks throughout the week. It was awesome trying all the different drinks I would probably not try if I had to pay drink by drink. It was great not having to go down to my room to get the booze I smuggled (BTW all my booze got taken away on this cruise).

We never hit the limit of 15 drinks, but we definitely drank enough to make it completely worth it. We had 12 people in our group and we all bought the card and we all loved it!

I really hope Carnival makes My Awesome Bar Package fleetwide. I will be sad if I have to sail next year without it!

Has anyone heard when this may be available fleetwide?:confused:

I see it says only "non-alcoholic frozen drinks". So does that mean no frozen margaritas even though they are less than $10? Just wondering as I would hate to buy the program and not be able to have a frozen drink by the pool....

Yes, you can get any alcoholic drink under $10, they're pointing out that the virgin drinks are also available with this package, like sodas, vs. juices, which are not available.

They have a similar program on Celebrity. On Celebrity they had two alchohol packages one regular (anything up to 8 dollars) one Premium (anything up to 12 dollars) if you got the Premimum package and ordered a 15 dollar glass of wine you paid the 3 dollar difference. Also it applied to all non alcholic drinks like coffees and bottled water It was unlimited. We tried it for the first time this past March and everyone in our group loved it. did we drink our "monies" worth every day no but we loved the convience especially since you could pre order it. (so no tax in ports) and it was totally paid for prior to our cruise so getting off a 10 day cruise with just tips was weird:)

Going on the Splendor in two months so really glad they have the package but would really like it if the posted information on it on their website and if they let you pre order it.....

Ok, so I could order a "non-alcoholic" frozen drink and then order a "shot" of Rum or Vodka?

And of course MIX it myself ? Why not ?

You can order the drink with the rum in it. The reason is states "non alcoholic frozen drinks" is to let people know they can purchase the alcohol version or the virgin. I honestly think you're overthinking it a little bit, just order anything that has alcohol and is under $10 and you're good. Enjoy!

I see it says only "non-alcoholic frozen drinks". So does that mean no frozen margaritas even though they are less than $10? Just wondering as I would hate to buy the program and not be able to have a frozen drink by the pool....

Every drink that is under 10 bucks before tip is included with the exception of the DOD's with the souvenir glass. The only drinks currently over 10 bucks are 1 tequila, 1 port and 1 cognac. Sodas are unlimited and included, specialty coffees and energy drinks are not included, as well as room service drinks, mini bar drinks and the self service wine vendors. You can get a drink every 5 minutes up to 15 alcoholic drinks per day. It has been reported on another thread by a person who purchased the program on the Splendor that the bartenders were cutting off people after 15 drinks when a red flashing light would come up on the screen when drink # 16 was entered into the system.

Hi All,

So I just got off the Splendor this past Sunday and signed up for My Awesome Bar Package. Let me just say how much I LOVED this package.

It was so nice not having to worry about how much money I was spending on drinks throughout the week. It was awesome trying all the different drinks I would probably not try if I had to pay drink by drink. It was great not having to go down to my room to get the booze I smuggled (BTW all my booze got taken away on this cruise).

We never hit the limit of 15 drinks, but we definitely drank enough to make it completely worth it. We had 12 people in our group and we all bought the card and we all loved it!

I really hope Carnival makes My Awesome Bar Package fleetwide. I will be sad if I have to sail next year without it!

Definitely would love to know when Carnival will implement this fleet-wide, has anyone heard? Not much of a heavy drinker anymore:rolleyes: but figuring that we'd end up saving $$ in the long run (as well as being more adventurous in trying daily drink specials):cool:

Why do you care how much other people drink? Should I go into every thread regarding food and mention that I'm concerned about how obesity may affect my vacation, particularly regarding space in the elevators? Or maybe I'll just let everyone enjoy their vacation as they please ;)

hahaha -- like!:D

Every drink that is under 10 bucks before tip is included with the exception of the DOD's with the souvenir glass. The only drinks currently over 10 bucks are 1 tequila, 1 port and 1 cognac. Sodas are unlimited and included, specialty coffees and energy drinks are not included, as well as room service drinks, mini bar drinks and the self service wine vendors. You can get a drink every 5 minutes up to 15 alcoholic drinks per day. It has been reported on another thread by a person who purchased the program on the Splendor that the bartenders were cutting off people after 15 drinks when a red flashing light would come up on the screen when drink # 16 was entered into the system.

There are a couple of wines that are more than $10/glass

I might have missed this, but according to the program, what time does a day start? If it's midnight to midnight, does your late night drinking count towards tomorrow's fifteen?

Mike

I have not seen that in writing anywhere, but my thought would be that it would be midnight to midnight, so yup, the late night stuff is the next day. I partake of the morning Mimosa special and that cash register changes the price automatically at noon.

This will mean that if you want to drink yourself silly on embarkation day as many are afraid we will, you'll need to consume 15 by midnight.:p

I would definitely ditch my Rum Runners if this is available on Dream in January! I think this is what Carnival is trying to do... keep from booze being smuggled on board. The convenience far surpasses the low price of a Rum Runner!

That's exactly how I feel. In fact, we have deceided to cancel our cabin crawl on our upcoming Thanksgiving cruise because most of us in my group are going to buy the program, and we won't have to worry about smuggling stuff to serve for the crawl.

I saw this post where they have added Breeze & Spirit. this also says it includes bottled water. An earlier post was questioning if bottles of water was included. According to this post it is.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4987

This post was made by Laura Sterling. She is a high up person here on Cruise Critic. She is just not so crazy poster.

I have not seen that in writing anywhere, but my thought would be that it would be midnight to midnight, so yup, the late night stuff is the next day. I partake of the morning Mimosa special and that cash register changes the price automatically at noon.

This will mean that if you want to drink yourself silly on embarkation day as many are afraid we will, you'll need to consume 15 by midnight.:p

I was thinking about that too. I would hate to be up in the disco until 3, then shut off at 8pm the next day because i "used up" my 15 the night before. I was thinking it would reset when the bars close. I am on the Victory in 8days, so i am not planning on being too crazy, but i hate how stuff is rolled out, John Heald posts what the "beards" say, and it isn't what happens on the ship.

So while i want to do this, i don't want to be shut off because i had some cokes that they "charged". If this is supposed to be unlimited, why not just make it unlimited, and leave it up to the bartenders.

I've just got on here after awhile away and this is the first I've heard of this. Please know I've tried to read this thread to understand the program, but it's confusing.

I'm on the Conquest on May 5, 2013. The drink program: $42.50/day per person, but if you have two adults in your cabin, each one has to purchase it? So it's basically $300 pp for a 7 day cruise? I'm up for it, but my roommate is a lightweight.

Insight please? Thanks.

I've just got on here after awhile away and this is the first I've heard of this. Please know I've tried to read this thread to understand the program, but it's confusing.

I'm on the Conquest on May 5, 2013. The drink program: $42.50/day per person, but if you have two adults in your cabin, each one has to purchase it? So it's basically $300 pp for a 7 day cruise? I'm up for it, but my roommate is a lightweight.

Insight please? Thanks.

That's right, everyone in the cabin must buy it, it comes up to $691 including gratuity for a 7 day cruise. It is only on 4 ships right now and the Conquest is not one of them. It is in a trial period and not fleetwide.

So while i want to do this, i don't want to be shut off because i had some cokes that they "charged". If this is supposed to be unlimited, why not just make it unlimited, and leave it up to the bartenders.

Coke's don't count if they don't have alcohol, but I understand your problem because I am also a night owl. I'll sleep when I'm dead or at home. If you don't sleep much on a cruise, reaching 15 is not that hard.

On most ships, the last bar closes at 4. Don't ask my why I know this.:p

Archived