On the Dream keeping in touch

We are on the “Thomson Dream” on 2nd November 2012, Colourful Coasts…

Were on the “Dream” in October 2011 the Western Med …

We are in our 70s and Have a cabin 1019 suitable for wheelchairs as my wife is disabled …

Just wondered how to keep in touch, if my wife would like to rest at while I go to the entertainment, Or if I went ashore myself…

Can’t remember if there was a phone in the cabin that I might use to check on her, I stayed with her the last time …

Or could we use our mobiles …

What do others use to keep in touch? …

Hi, if we need to we use our mobiles. But not while the ship is at sea. Then it connects through the ship's mast to the satellite system and costs a fortune. Just make sure that when the ship has docked that if you are aboard that the mobile has switched from the Satellite to the local mobile provider.

Also we tend to text rather than phone as it's cheaper.

Berwyn

• 1 month later...

I am interested in how you found cabin 1019. When we were on earlier this year the bathroom was in a very tatty condition.

I would appreciate your observations as I am wanting to book again for next year but not unless the cabin has been refurbished

I am interested in how you found cabin 1019. When we were on earlier this year the bathroom was in a very tatty condition.

I would appreciate your observations as I am wanting to book again for next year but not unless the cabin has been refurbished

I think he his actually away on the Dream at this moment dnbnor :)

• 2 weeks later...

My mobile decided it was not going to work before we left Edinburgh, I tried to phone our daughter from the Airport but my iPhone greyed out at the dialling screen and froze, restarted phone but it was still the same so we just had my wife’s phone to use

I did not get a chance to use the ships phones to call the room as we stayed together all the time

At the ports I was able to text home no problem and receive texts ok

When we received the photo of us with the Captain I wanted to send it to our daughter, so I went to the computer room

To use the ships Wi-Fi is £4 for 15 minutes or £6 for 30 minutes, I chose £6 one, tried about 4 times to send the photo but each time I got a red mark and failed so I gave up so I used up 30 minutes for nothing

But when we got home our daughter said she got the photo but it was upside down!!!

Archived