Portland, ME

glee87

Need some help. My friends and I are sailing on the Carnival Glory and will be in Portland on 10/9. There are 14 of us. We are interested in going to Acadia National Park. What is the best way for all of us to get there without spending too much for transportation? Also, what other places of interest should we consider while we are there? Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

Portalnd is a great city and everything is not all that far from the dock. You could easily make it a "walking" day tour. I'm sure the ship will have maps of the city and just grab a brochure of what their tour will bring you to, and you can walk it yourself. There are a lot of nice little art galleries, shops, coffee shops, pubs, restaurants, a great musem, and it's a great city to just wonder around in.

Take a tour that includes a visit to Portland Head Light. It is the most photographed lighthouse in the state and is an easy 15 minute cab or tour ride from the pier. If your cruise stops in Bar Harbor, THAT'S where you'll be able to tour Acadia National Park.

Enjoy your visit to Maine. Fall is a beautiful time to come.

Archived