air france seats?

Georgia-boy

We are flying out of Venice on Air France using our Delta Skymiles on Sept 12, 2005. the filght out is on a plane called 319, to Paris. Paris to Atlanta is on a 772 Air bus. I can find the seating arangement on other airlines but not Air France. :confused:

Is there a way to find Air France seat availability.:D

Thank you for your help.

Charles

As you probably discovered, Seatguru.com does not show an A-319 for Air France even though they have many of them in their fleet. Thus, the easiest thing to do is to see a seating plan for a similar aircraft operated by Air Canada (e,g, http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_Canada/Air_Canada_Airbus_A319.php) or Northwest. The plane is essentially the same, but the seating diagram may be only slightly different for Air France. The Air France site provides some additional details on the A319, but I do not see a seating plan.

Boy did you have me going there. I work in the Avionic business and I sure didn't reconize a 772 Airbus. With a quick look I found a Airbus 330-342 configuration that discribed the Trent 772-60 Rolls Royce 2X which basically means your on a 330 Airbus. Check the seating under seat guru for AirFrance 330 Airbus. I had a wonderful flight on US Air three years ago on their 330 Airbus. It was configured with the in seat personal movie screens. I think my wife watched 6 movies the whole trip flying into Frankfurt. Since that flight I have flown 777's, a 340 Airbus, and a 747 going to Europe. The 330 still sticks in my mind as the best flight so far. Now a week from tomarrow we fly AirFrance out of Atlanta on a 777 and that flight might exceed everything else I have been on. It just depends on how the Aircraft is configured. I have hear good things said about AirFrance. This will be a first on Air France for us and I am ready to get those airlines on our Deta miles card. Good luck and have a great trip. Tim

• 5 weeks later...

Just returned a week ago from Europe on Air France. On one leg of our flight Munich to Paris we were on a 319. Nice aircraft very similar to a 737. The flight was one hour and fifteen minutes. The crew served drinks, Orange juice and coffee with a light breakfast. As for your 772 flight that is most likely a 777. In Economy you will get a 18 inch seat. We we in Business class and had a 22 inch seat. I hear first class is a 23 inch seat. These flights on Air France are interesting. All classes are served Chanpane. My advice is to take everything they offer. The French exspect you to take what they offer. If you want something you might have to go out of your way to get it. I really enjoyed watching the difference in the culture. The entertainment for the flight could have been better it seemed to be lacking in content but there was entertainment. The food was good. Watch what you order I had to explain to my wife that "hen" was chicken. I did notice on the flight back we had a choice between apetizers of Salmon with Ell or "Duck". I knew if I ordered the Salmon it would be raw so I settled for the "Duck". The duck was pretty good. It wasn't until I was almost done with it I realized what it was. I think in English it is what is known as a "Petie". The French pay big bucks to eat duck enards. I was suprised to see a meal served an hour before landing. It was a very good prepared steak. I had to ask three time for coffee before I got any but that was the culture.

Word of warning: Confirm your resevations 48 hours before you leave. Use the Air France 1-800-237-2747. They might want you to confirm before you flight back. Watch for any flight delays that could disrupt your schedule especially at CDG. Find out in advance what terminal you arrive and leave from. If its warm in France CDG will be hot. There is no airconditioning. Enjoy your trip. Tim

Archived