Where does your 2-3 year old sleep

cruzinlisa

I broke down Saturday and got the balcony....the price difference between inside and balcony had dropped to $349. I am hoping everything I read here about toddlers and balconies is true and he won't be able to get the door open. :o

My will be 23 month old(when we cruise) also sleeps in a toddler bed. She was climbing out of the crib on the lowest setting a month ago. I was thinking about getting the inflatable bed rail that slides under the edge of the sheet so that my daughter can sleep on the couch. It looks pretty small to carry so hopefully this works for us!

My will be 23 month old(when we cruise) also sleeps in a toddler bed. She was climbing out of the crib on the lowest setting a month ago. I was thinking about getting the inflatable bed rail that slides under the edge of the sheet so that my daughter can sleep on the couch. It looks pretty small to carry so hopefully this works for us!

Just turn the sofa around and face the seats to the wall. Then the back automatically becomes the "rail" so she won't have anywhere to fall :)

I have read this a lot...this is probably what we will do.

Disappointed with Carnival a bit on the set up of the inside cabins for families on newer ships...or maybe it is families of three. Idk. Bunk bed coming out of the wall or ceiling doesn't really work for young children. So..balcony it is. Glad the price came down :)

Just turn the sofa around and face the seats to the wall. Then the back automatically becomes the "rail" so she won't have anywhere to fall :)

I have the pea pod plus (2 of them) for my 3 year old twins too and we use them for sleepovers at my boyfriend's house and grandmas, so they should work great for the cruise. One of them shouldn't be any problem at all to carry/weight, but with 2 of them I will probably check them (and hope they arrive or I will be screwed!). I bought a cheap duffel bag to house them in because after several trips back and forth to my BF's the bag they came in was getting worn out. Also, they come with a hand pump so that will be good for blowing up cruise inflatables too. I do the same as the PP that I but a pack & play sheet over the mattress and put the mattress in the bottom of the tent. There is plenty of room for a kid, pillow, blanket and tons of toys. I also clip a small caribiner clip through the zipper pulls on the outside so my kids can't get out! (Not a locking one, but one that I can easily open quickly, just in case!)

Hopefully, the two will fit on the floor of the mini suite. I got it specifically so I can put them near the couch.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, in April we are sailing on Carnival Conquest, in an inside. I believe it has an upper for the third person. DD will be 2 when we sail. She is very petite for her age (less than 20 pounds at 19 months). She currently sleeps in a crib at home, although I hope she will have graduated to a toddler bed by that time.

I am afraid of heights and DH is not a small guy, so I am not sure that either of us will sleep on the upper. We could have DD sleep with us, which would be doable, but probably not comfortable. We may be able to get one of the cribs, but she will probably be too big for it.

I am thinking about getting one of the travel beds to take with us. I also figured it would be nice for other trips, once she outgrows the pack n play. Any suggestions? I suppose if all else fails we can make a pallet on the floor. :)

I know its early but I am asking now because we are going to my mom's in a few weeks so I was thinking about getting a travel bed now to try it out and get her used to it.

Google Kidco Peapod plus. We use it every time we travel because my dd outgrew the pack n play early. She's very tall.

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks before my 10/14 cruise I switched to a balcony....so glad I made that decision as my 2 1/2 year old would not go to Camp Carnival. The balcony gave me a place to relax during naps and times stuck in the room, and it was completely safe for him to hang with me out there as well. We brought his dinosaur pillow case from home and he had his own sofa bed which he slept on very well. We had a great time, but man I am exhausted! :o

Just want to give another plug for the PeaPod Plus. We cruised when DS was 24 months and he did NOT sleep well in the Carnival crib. We hadn't yet moved him out of his crib at home. He ended up sleeping with us for about half of every night. A few months later we went on another trip where we were staying in a hotel, and I bought the Peapod. We flew with it to DC and packed it in our large suitcase. It worked out great. If you are driving it will be no trouble at all. We now use it when we are traveling anywhere. I still can't figure out how to get it back into its bag, but DH somehow gets it in there! It folds up just like one of those flexible car sunshades - I can't figure those out either. ;)

As someone else mentioned, I would never use it for an infant but do not worry about my 2yo.

DD (26 months) still happily sleeps in a crib at home. However, she has never been happy in our Guava Family GoCrib (you can google - it's like a peapod, but larger - we love it for portability!). Anyways, so I recently bought a Shrunks toddler bed and she has been using it for naps lately. She already LOVES it. Sleeps great on it. I am happy about it, and hope that she will do well on our cruise in a few weeks on it. The carry bag - I purchased separately - is the size of a standard duffle bag and rolls!

My son was 2yrs, 5months when we went, and he slept on an upper bunk, my sister slept on the other upper bunk, and I slept on the big bed. The upper bunks folded down right over the big bed, so if he fell, he'd land on me/the bed, and anyways they have full length high rails. He loved sleeping up there!

Next time we plan to do the same, although we are bringing his own bedding, he is allergic to their sheets.

Glad it worked out well for you...my son sleeps like an Octopus so I didn't think an upper bunk would work too well for him.

My son was 2yrs, 5months when we went, and he slept on an upper bunk, my sister slept on the other upper bunk, and I slept on the big bed. The upper bunks folded down right over the big bed, so if he fell, he'd land on me/the bed, and anyways they have full length high rails. He loved sleeping up there!

Next time we plan to do the same, although we are bringing his own bedding, he is allergic to their sheets.

Archived