Recent Legend Cruisers from NYC - Question on Bringing Alcohol on Board

cruiser777

Quick question:

I have read mixed stories on the best way to bring liquor on the boat. Some say carry on other say in the checked Luggage.

Wanted to know recent Legend Cruisers out of NYC , your experience and what you did or what you saw.

Did they go through the carry on?

Did they go through the checked bags?

Will still be buying drinks at the bars, but would like to have a bottle in the room for some cocktails once once in a while.

Leaving SAturday and want to know how to pack.

Thanks Alot

I am pouring vodka and gin into plastic water bottles and carrying on board. Also carrying on board a few bottles of wine for dinners which is allowed. I'm not taking the chance of bottles breaking in checked luggage.

I read somewhere that they check carry on bottles and smell it.

Is that just non sense?

I was planning no buying vodka in plastic bottles, so they would not break

They only do that on NCL.

I have packed both plastic and glass bottles in the center of my bag on over 20+ trips and never had an breakage. I use bubble wrap and ziplock bags. Even if I threw the bottles on concrete they wont break.

They only do that on NCL.

I have packed both plastic and glass bottles in the center of my bag on over 20+ trips and never had an breakage. I use bubble wrap and ziplock bags. Even if I threw the bottles on concrete they wont break.

So you pack it in the checked luggage?

I have sailed out of NYC 5 times and each and everytime I have packed my extra beverges in my luggage in plastic bottles that I slipped into zip locked baggies. Last time we took pre-mixed Cosmopolitians. Then I bought at the grocery store some paper cups with lids the kind you would use for coffee. Added the ice and walked all over the ship singing our merry ways. NO Problemo's ever. The last time we carried on board 6 2 liter bottles of Mt. Dew and they checked them to make sure they were actually soda. This was on the July 02 2004 cruise on the Legend. We are sailing on the Legend again on the 29th of May. This time we are bringing pre-mixed Bahama Mama's. You will love the Legend this will be my 4th time sailing her and each and everytime it has been wonderful.

Archived