upgrade

RECPILOT6

I am booked in jan 2005 in the highest inside cabin. should i change this and get a run of the ship or stick with the assigned stateroom. what do you think my chances are for an upgrade. I have been on celebrity before and have booked over 1 year in advance for this cruise.

Pick the room you want and stick with it, if you book a guarantee, and hope for an upgrade, I would count on being disappointed!

This ship 10/91
That ship 11/95
Whatever ship 12/98
here a ship 13/99
there a ship 14/00
everywhere
a
ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

The worst that can happen is that you get the category you are in -- highest inside.

I would stick with the what you have -- esp. this far out. Ask if you can get a guarantee for this category for the same price.

As time goes by, check sites like cruise411.com or expedia.com and see what the pricing for your cruise is.

You may a) get upgraded by the cruiseline, or b) see that the pricing has been reduced for your category and then you call your agent and ask to be upgraded to an outside cabin for the same price that you already booked for.

Two or three years ago, I booked the highest inside category and got upgraded twice (because of price reductions) and ended up first with an obstructed view then a standard outside cabin for the same price I started.

Good luck [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

[I]~~Celebrity Infinity 02/2005~~; NCL Sun 02/2003; Celebrity Millennium 05/2002; Ocean Princess 10/2001; Ocean Princess 8/2001; NCL Sea 7/2000; Ocean Princess 3/2000; Celebrity Mercury 10/1998; Star Princess 3/1996; NCL Dream 8/1995; Azure Seas 2/1991 [/I]

Definately go for the 'guarantee - run of the ship' - odds are (and yes this is a form of gambling) u will do better than what u paid for originally esp. since you are a pp and even though most cruiselines are reducing the upgrades they still do 'em. Worst that can happen - u end up in an inside and best - wellll maybe a suite (OK an oceanview anyway)....not too shabby! Have cruised dozens of times and only failed to get an upgrade once and it was 'cause I had to cancel my booking and then rebooked within a few months of cruising on a 'soon to be sold out' ship (less chance of an upgrade) on a cruiseline I wasn't a pp with..! :cool : Happy cruisin'!

We've done two guarantees, and both times were upgraded! I'd do it again! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

High Seas Gal
Northern California

Celebrity Mercury - October 13, 2004 - Mexico!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;13;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

NCL Sky Jun. 2000 (ALASKA)
NCL Sky Aug. 2001 (ALASKA)
Princess Regal Princess Jul. 2002 (ALASKA)
NCL Sun Sep. 2003 (ALASKA)

Ahhh...the Guarantee topic again. When available I will book a guarantee if the Price is Right! I have never gotten the worst cabin available but I've never been upgraded from inside to out, outside to balcony, etc. So, if you're happy with inside and the price of booking a guarantee is attractive go for it.

Archived