Hop On Hop Off Tour for Miami

GrammaJo128

I know there was a similar thread, and I apologize if I shouldn't start a new one, but I'm still very new and just really want to understand this. One member was very kind and explained in detail some of the hassle that goes behind some of these HOHO tours. I sort of feel like I jumped on the originals OP's post, so since I have more questions I felt it was better to start another thread.

Our flight leaves at 5:00 from FLL the day we disembark. We just do not want to sit around all day waiting at the airport. We had decided not to take the tour, but now I've decided to try and get more info, if possible before we rule it out.

If you take the HOHO and you get off at a couple of different spots and then wait around forever to get back on, how do you eventually decide your tour is over and it's time to take a shuttle to FLL. They store the luggage too (which is 70% of the appeal, because anything else we've thought of would involve us carrying around our on-board luggage). So, basically I'm asking about the HOHO tour and how you get your final shuttle with your luggage back to the airport. (Like what if you have to wait to get back on the shuttle longer than you think, and then you miss your opportunity to go back to FLL!) I'm hoping some of you have experience with this particular tour.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to find a reasonable rated rent a car. The more I read, the more codes I try to use, the worse it all becomes! We have never rented a car, and I don't seem to be doing something right when i hear what others are paying.

As far as the rent a car goes, what would be a reasonable rate to pay for just that one day? Will the rent a car place pick us up at the port? Is it stupid to rent a car for 1/2 a day??? Sorry I have so many questions. This is just one issue I'm losing sleep over.

In my experience HOHO tour buses do not accept luggage. Where are you planning to store your luggage? Can you use NCL's BAGS program which sends your luggage directly to your final destination?

Personally I wouldn't try to use a HOHO bus tour if I needed to get to FLL.

I'd take a shuttle directly to FLL and do my sightseeing there instead.

I'm sorry. I should have clarified. This is an excursion through NCL where they store your luggage then after the tour, they transport you to FLL. I think I agree with you about just going to the FLL area to do something. What is the NCL luggage program you referred to? Do you know the cost? Thanks for any help!

I'm sorry. I should have clarified. This is an excursion through NCL where they store your luggage then after the tour, they transport you to FLL. I think I agree with you about just going to the FLL area to do something. What is the NCL luggage program you referred to? Do you know the cost? Thanks for any help!

I would like to know that too and what the charge for that would be and if they offer it fleetwide.

Just my 2 cents. I don't care for the HOHO tours...the frequency they come by at the stops eats up a lot of time. Plus at $40 per person (purchased directly) it makes more sense to rent a car.

Without any codes or anything assuming you got in on 10/28 you could rent a one way car to FLL from the downtown Avis location for $72.00 taxes included without any codes. It would cost $10-$12 to get to the Avis location via taxi.

Add another $20 for gas, some for parking, it'd be like $110 with the peace of mind that you could get out of dodge when the urge strikes.

Using budget code Y937800 you can pick up an intermediate car including all the taxes for $40.00 and drop off at FLL. I believe from people on this board the taxi cost is around $10-12. Also if you use your visa and use coupon code UUCZ010 it will give you a free upgrade.

Archived