Off The Fascination Yesterday...

drolltroll

It's not that there's something wrong with parking off terminal, it's just that parking at the terminal is extremely convenient in Jacksonville. The parking lot is just a few steps from the terminal and if you get one of the spots up front, it takes you just seconds to go from the car to check-in. Even if you park farther back, there are golf carts patrolling the lot and taking people to the terminal.

When we returned to Jacksonville after our cruise, we were in our car literally 5 minutes after stepping off the ship. We were grateful for the convenience, instead of having to stand outside waiting for shuttles to take us to some remote parking facility.

Basically, you pay extra for convenience, but it's not a must do.

For those who like Faster everything this is great...LOL

Thanks for the tip..Yea I think were also going to just park at port also..

Was on this ship last year for 2nd time in 3 years. Dinner was mostly good, although the wait was a little long. I had a great waiter and great stewart, gave him extra 10 the 1st night to keep ice in the cabin and he was wonderful about everything. The staff was really good.

Took all day to get on, we got on a 5PM instead of 11:00 am cause the ship could not get under the bridge, certain high tides make it delayed.

However we had a pretty good cruise and for what I paid I was very happy. Hope the coffee is better than when I go next month. The ham on the buffet was great, no soup for lunch though.

:confused:;););)

Did you have to call in advance and make a reservation or just drive in to there? I read on the CCL site you had to make a reservation. And is this the parking that is legit right outisde of the port, and they have an 8' fence around the lot and a peacock patrolling? My DH really wants to park there and I guess I need to know if we need to reserve our spot. We plan on getting to the port at 10:30 am.

reserve ahead of time. But I suppose they might run out of spaces. We got there about 11:30 and the lot was getting pretty full. There was a high fence, didn't see a peacock. The shuttle was ready for us as soon as we unloaded and was there when we got out of the port.

Agree with avoiding VIP, that place is a disorganized mess. Never again. Everyone there that I spoke to paid a different price and all over what was paid online. Said we paid the airport price in error. I think it's a racket.

at 10:45 as it said we could. They said ship was late and to come back at 11:15. We arrived back at 11:15. They had a bus full with 6 empty seats and they let the car who arrived after us get on the bus because they had 6 people and we only had 3. I asked when next shuttle was and was told it was coming in a couple minutes. After 15 min I asked where the shuttle was and was told it would be 15 min. At that point it was about 11:40 and I told them I wanted my money back and we left and parked at the lot by the port. NEVER AGAIN VIP!

woodburygal and other recently off the Fascination - my husband and I are on this ship real soon and I was wondering if you could tell me how the outdoor seating areas were? Was it possible to find a relaxing place to sit outside either by the pool or in the serenity area? Also, we have a grand suite - is the balcony a comfortable size? Did you enjoy it? What about shows and activities? Was it fairly easy to find a seat? Is it possible to use the elevators or are they too crowded? Anything you can tell me would be very helpful. Thanks!

It can be hard to find seating sometimes on deck in the middle of the day, but we always found 3 seats together for us. Serenity deck was great! We didn't have balcony. We went to one adult comedian and he was great. Went to the last show and it enjoyed it a lot. We always used the stairs.

It's not that there's something wrong with parking off terminal, it's just that parking at the terminal is extremely convenient in Jacksonville. The parking lot is just a few steps from the terminal and if you get one of the spots up front, it takes you just seconds to go from the car to check-in. Even if you park farther back, there are golf carts patrolling the lot and taking people to the terminal.

When we returned to Jacksonville after our cruise, we were in our car literally 5 minutes after stepping off the ship. We were grateful for the convenience, instead of having to stand outside waiting for shuttles to take us to some remote parking facility.

Basically, you pay extra for convenience, but it's not a must do.

were in our car within about 7 minutes after walking out of bldg. The shuttle was waiting for us and it is a 2 min drive tops. It might take a little longer because they have to load/unload the luggage, but to save $35 was well worth literally a couple extra minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived