Four in a room

modine

Kid's maybe. I was on Glory last week and had a balcony stateroom, which had 2 beds, a convertible sofa, and a pull down. I would NEVER put 4 adults in that room. 3 was fine, but 4, no.

Lol, there will be 4 of us....i'm sure it will be quite cozy :eek: but, we'll manage...it's a gals cruise :p

My wife and I took our 2 Grandsons on the Inspiration this past March. Two beds fold down from the walls. Just right for two kids. Adaults fit OK also. We were surprised at how much room we still had with the beds down. Our steward folded them back up during the day. I have a couple of pictures.E-mail me at woodman73@earthlink.net and give me your E-mail address and I will E-mail them to you.

LOL it was a "Gals" cruise with us, too. My grandmother (81), my mom (49) & Me (21). I don't think I'll vacation with my Grandmother again. It was nice, but 11 days with her, a little much. Even the week in a room--that close. I was SO GLAD to be able to get away on excursions with just my mom! My mom was even relieved!

Be sure to book the cabin for 4. That way you get the bed from the ceiling. Adding a bed to a cabin for 3 makes it (more) cramped during the day. Each cabin is made to accomodate a certain # of people. Looking at a brochure you can tell how many can be in each room. DH and I travel with boys now 14 & 16 with no problems (if you don't consider lack of privacy an issue;) )

My wife and I took our 2 Grandsons on the Inspiration this past March. Two beds fold down from the walls. Just right for two kids. Adaults fit OK also. We were surprised at how much room we still had with the beds down. Our steward folded them back up during the day. I have a couple of pictures.E-mail me at woodman73@earthlink.net and give me your E-mail address and I will E-mail them to you.

I think the balcony staterooms have a sofa and just one fold down, but I would still love to see the pictures of your room. I'm sure we will manage, I'm just guessing with 4 ladies, storage will be at a premium, lol.

I will send you an email.

We did 5 to a inside cabin on the Sensation. (if you keep the beds apart against the wall youwill have plenty of moving space.) we awere 5 adults 3 boys who all stood over 6 feet ages 16- 20- myslef and a 13 year old niece.

take an over the door shoe holder to keep your cabin organized.. you only have so much space to leave things laying around ( a dresser/vanity)

it is doable with some organization.

in the balcony, the sofa backings are just removed at night and they make up the sofa that way. You sleep with your feet at the person in the other beds face! So if you have a kicker, don't allow them to sleep on the sofa! The bed pulls down right over the sofa from the ceiling.

LOL it was a "Gals" cruise with us, too. My grandmother (81), my mom (49) & Me (21). I don't think I'll vacation with my Grandmother again. It was nice, but 11 days with her, a little much. Even the week in a room--that close. I was SO GLAD to be able to get away on excursions with just my mom! My mom was even relieved!

Wow, I don't know if I could cruise with my grandmom. Maybe if she was younger-spirited like some other senior citizens I know, but she's not :( Now my mom is another story. She's one of the one's going with us (42), plus my 27 year old sister, and my 36 year old cousin. I am 22. We all go out together at home, so I already know that we will have a ball together. I know it will be tight, but we make light of every situation so it will be an adventure :D

what class is the cabin ??? stateroom I am thinking CAT11 or 12 ?? maybe i am mistaken

You must have booked a cabin for 3 or requested a certain cabin. You have to request a cabin for the number in your party. Our cabin for 4 is located right next door to a cabin for 3. Same class. Same cabin. One extra sleeping spot.

in the balcony, the sofa backings are just removed at night and they make up the sofa that way. You sleep with your feet at the person in the other beds face! So if you have a kicker, don't allow them to sleep on the sofa! The bed pulls down right over the sofa from the ceiling.

Hilarious!!! I don't think we have any kickers

She's pretty lively, just opinionated. She's mad because she was scheduled for a safari trip to Africa in October, but the US govt. wont' allow planes to fly into Nairobi, so they have to go to England to fly. However, she just got waivers and decided not too. Now she's thinking of an Antarctica cruise. One I won't ever go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom and I were fine! Just utilize the beds underneath for storing suitcases because the closet space is minimal!

We were on the Triumph last March with our 11 and 8 year olds. We had a Balcony cabin the had the pull down bunk and convertable sofa. We were fine with the space. The bunk was only pulled down at night. We had originally booked an ocean view room but were upgraded to the balcony room. We looked in some of the rooms we would have had if not for the upgrade and there was more floor space but we are now spoiled for the balcony.

We were on the Victory May 8th and this was our first cruise. We had 4 people in our inside cabin (2 adults and 8 year old and 17 year old). There was plenty of room for all. The only time that it got tight was when we were getting ready for formal night. We had plenty of space and as long as you stay organize you will not have a problem.

We're going on our third cruise with our daughters (13 & 11) this summer. We have always had a room for 4. Last year we had a balcony room with the sofa and one upper, the year before an inside with two uppers. They were both fine with us. The only problem I could see with 4 adults would be showering. However, I have heard they have great showers in the gym area. You could always send someone down there to shower. Have a great cruise!

Maureen

Our past 3 sailings we've had 2 adults & 2 kids. We've never had a problem. The kids love the upper bunks. On the Conquest, I was told we will not have 2 uppers, rather we will have 1 upper & a sleeper sofa. The kids are already fighting over who will get the upper bunk. Guess they will have to pull straws :p

There should be 2 really LARGE drawers under the sofa bed too. I was really surprised at how big the drawers were but would have missed them had I not read the message boards. There should be plenty of storage space for you 4 ladies.

I went up to the spa on the Conquest to shower most of the time. With 2 kids along (9 & 6), it gave me some much needed quiet time and the showers were much larger up there. Also, instead of the common small shower head, the ones in the spa had the large circular rain shower heads on the. VERY NICE!

There should be 2 really LARGE drawers under the sofa bed too. I was really surprised at how big the drawers were but would have missed them had I not read the message boards. There should be plenty of storage space for you 4 ladies.

Are these drawers on all the ships or just the newer ones? Does anyone know about the Ecstasy?

thanks,

Julie

Archived