Allure PADI REcertification?

kath00

HI all,

It's been about 3 years since we've been diving and only once that year. DH and I feel like we need a recert course before going diving again. Do they offer these courses on the Allure?

DH initially got certified on a ship (Princess I believe) and it was a 3-4 day process with dives at all the ports. Has anyone done a recertification program through a ship? If not, would it be worth doing before going?

Thank you for any and all info,

Katherine

HI all,

It's been about 3 years since we've been diving and only once that year. DH and I feel like we need a recert course before going diving again. Do they offer these courses on the Allure?

DH initially got certified on a ship (Princess I believe) and it was a 3-4 day process with dives at all the ports. Has anyone done a recertification program through a ship? If not, would it be worth doing before going?

Katherine

I don't believe they offer any type of "re-certification" course....just the regular "certification" course like your DH took.

I don't think you need to get re certified. However you can always ask them for a refresher course...will be about 30 minutes and you will recall all of th steps...mostly safety oriented. Or you condo it via YouTube...that's how I do it. I only dive every few years, and do I do this to refreshing myself.

The padi certification doesn't expire...

Hi Katherine, I would definitely do the refresher dive before you get on board. From memory, when you book the excursions they state you must have dived within the past two years to book.

Where are you planning to dive btw? If it is mexico there are very strong currents there so you end up doing full on drift dives ~ even more important to do a refresher dive (in open water preferably). If you're going to dive in st thomas pls post pics when you return, would love to dive there one day.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Thank you! Sounds like we will have to look up a local recertification course around here first. Can't be hard in San Diego!

We are doing a B2B on the Allure so it's going to be in the Caribbean. We've been diving in St John and St Lucia before (spectacular x 2 -- THE best dives we've ever done). But never St Thomas. We do have a stop at STT but I think we will take a boat out and try to dive in St John again. I understand the visibility is much better there.

Thanks for the advice. Katherine

HI all,

Katherine

I would just go to a local dive shop and take a weekend refresher and just enjoy your cruise. IMHO.;)

Archived