Dress with a train vs. no train

banditbabe01

Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone was concerned about wearing a dress with a long train - has it been a problem for anyone that wore a dress with a long train? I am on the fence about whether I want to hassle with a train.

Thoughts?

Catherine

Carnival Dream Bride 7/13/13

I'm sort of on the fence too. mine isn't too long so I'm thinking I can handle it since I prefer it, and I don't like the look of bustling it. if you're getting ready on the ship, I'm inclined to say go for it. it's why I think I'm gonna keep mine long as is (I'm getting ready on the ship).

Our gowns both have a chapel and we're opting not to bustle. Partially because of cost and partially because it will take a long time to get them looking pretty. Most gowns come with the loop under the train which will make it easier to carry or you can lay the train over your arm to walk around and take pictures and whatnot.

I had a train and I am like most, I don't care for the bustled look or the hassle to make it look right... but when they were hemming the front they put in a small bustle. At first I was a lil upset about it, but it wasn't noticeable when down so I ignored it for the moment. Our plans were to stay dressed for dinner and after awhile or a few drinks at the reception, the train started to feel very heavy on my wrist and my WC ended up bustling it towards the very end. I wore it bustled until heading to the dining room and then I had it back on my wrist.

The bottom of my dress got really dirty and stepped on a lot and I didn't even really have a train. It was fine though for the ceremony but then when we went around taking pictures, eating, dancing, etc. it got stepped on and dragged around the deck, picking up dirt.

I had a train on my dress and the under loop thing for your wrist.

Now...as the previous poster said....people will.... will...step on your dress!!!

I had my dress bustled after our first dance and never took it down after that. I even wore it to dinner the next night.

My dress was heavy with lots of fabric and embroidery so keeping it on was my main concern. Since the dress was strapless.... there is this "oh ****" feeling each and every time someone steps on it because it makes it feel like its either about to rip or fall down.

I'll admit when I first put it on for formal I thought about removing the bussel, but I didn't. Later on while walking the ship I saw another bride in her dress which had a very long train. Probably twice as long as mine. Boy was she having a hard time walking around.

I partied, danced and had a really great time in my dress.

Another thing is that the pictures I have with the dress in the loop attached to my wrist weren't cute at all. The dress just didn't flow well

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

There was a train on my dress that only extended a few feet. I left the train down for the ceremony, then bustled for the reception & remainder of the day. I wore my dress onboard for the duration. I didn't take it off until I got back to the room at the very end of the night (well after midnight).

You wouldn't have believed how many free drinks people bought me on the ship that evening! :)

Archived