How long have you waited for a 'guarantee' assignment & what kind of cabin?

SnappyNappi

I think most or all my assignment came during the day. Still, I think it may be a computer making most or all of the decisions. But who knows? I check at least a couple times a day, and I suspect DH does as well.

From what I have been told that sounds correct....however an actual person has to open the categories up that allows the computer to choose from....I also have to think that there may be some "human" factors deciding at times also.

I have never done a guarantee before, but after reading these post, I will for sure consider it next cruise I book! Waiting to hear how your 'W' comes out... Keep us posted.:)

Hi Dreamer... I didn't think I'd ever do a guarantee, but the deal on the Deluxe Guarantee with the minimum being a Junior Suite was too good to pass up. I will for sure, post as soon as I get my W assignment for our November 10th cruise. I am watching the rooms closely, but as others have stated... No way to know what will happen. I'll admit it - its kinda exciting.

Well I just went out and I have a room. I booked this past Tuesday for a 4 day Monarch on 1/7/13 as an oceanview guarantee and got 5062- mid ship and in the middle of the ship. Not a suite but for what I paid, it's okay. DH and I took same cruise last year and started in an oceanview and upgraded to a superior oceanview a month before the crusie. So I'll keep checking. Want to go on her one more time!

Thanks CCers- I Love CC- I learn so much here.

I just posted on the Monarch thread as well, but I booked our cruise this past Saturday for a January sailing, Guaranteed OV and we got our assignment this afternoon -

Cat. F2!!!!!!!!! :) 5078

How great that you both got assignments so early for your January sailings! It is nice to know your assignment before final payment. Enjoy your cruises.

booked 7 day allure for dec.-had a free companion-took neighborhood guar.-got b1 on #11 exactly where i was looking-2 days :O)
Excellent. deck 11 is wonderful with that aft deck. have fun.

Hi Dreamer... I didn't think I'd ever do a guarantee, but the deal on the Deluxe Guarantee with the minimum being a Junior Suite was too good to pass up. I will for sure, post as soon as I get my W assignment for our November 10th cruise. I am watching the rooms closely, but as others have stated... No way to know what will happen. I'll admit it - its kinda exciting.

I have done a lot of guarantees over the years. Often, like this time, I spent some money to upgrade to a gty in a higher cabin category when a good deal popped up after final payment. Other times they were last minute bookings...at that point there are not usually many (if any)primo cabins left. as long as I think we can be happy in any cabin in that category or above, I am willing to risk a gty. I have favorite cabins, but, really, I can be happy almost anywhere on a ship. I do enjoy anticipating the assignment, and I appreciate that Royal Caribbean will generally allow us to change to another cabin in the assigned category....that has been very nice. any JS or better will be a pleasure on Oasis.

Just received our Gty W for Indy sailing to the Canaries on 31st this month. We have a JS on deck 10 aft. So this was assigned 30 days before departure.

Clagmeister, Deck 10 is nice and lots of people like the Aft location, so -- perhaps some prime real estate?! I still have 40 days until we sail... no assignment yet, but still patient... it is actually fun waiting, kinda making the time until we board in November go by a little faster with something to keep checking on. :) Anyway - hope you are happy with your assignment. Happy sailing on your Halloween cruise!

We just got a cabin assignment today for 10/21 sailing. I'll probably still check every day just out of habit now.

BigR, How did you do with your assignment? Are you happy with the cabin they gave you??? I can understand the checking out of habit... LOL!

Our cruise documentation status shows as issued tonight and the cruise booklet is online to be printed but still a Gty, no cabin. Has anyone ever had this happen or know what it means? Maybe that we won't get an assignment til we board???

Our cruise documentation status shows as issued tonight and the cruise booklet is online to be printed but still a Gty, no cabin. Has anyone ever had this happen or know what it means? Maybe that we won't get an assignment til we board???

I do not think the issuance of the documents is linked to the gty cabin assignment. I'd just wait to print the documents and keep watching for a cabin assignment. I believe the cruise documents will update when a cabin is assigned. It looks like plenty of nice balconies are still available on your cruise. I hope you get a good one.

Clagmeister, Deck 10 is nice and lots of people like the Aft location, so -- perhaps some prime real estate?! I still have 40 days until we sail... no assignment yet, but still patient... it is actually fun waiting, kinda making the time until we board in November go by a little faster with something to keep checking on. :) Anyway - hope you are happy with your assignment. Happy sailing on your Halloween cruise!

Penny,

Thank you for those kind words. A halloween cruise is going to be fun and yes, I have enjoyed the anticipation of waiting for our room assignment.:)

We booked our next cruise (Allure -2/24/13) in March. At the time we booked we selected a Central Park View stateroom. A few weeks ago we changed our reservation and upgraded to a guarentee balcony for the same price as our original booking. I checked our reservation last night and found we had been assigned our new stateroom already. We are 140 some days out from our sail date, and have not made final payment on our trip. From everything I have read on cruise critic we were really not expecting this so early. :D.

We booked our next cruise (Allure -2/24/13) in March. At the time we booked we selected a Central Park View stateroom. A few weeks ago we changed our reservation and upgraded to a guarentee balcony for the same price as our original booking. I checked our reservation last night and found we had been assigned our new stateroom already. We are 140 some days out from our sail date, and have not made final payment on our trip. From everything I have read on cruise critic we were really not expecting this so early. :D.

Hmm, you attached a :D. Does that mean it is a nice assignment? What category of balcony did get?

25 days till cruise and we finally got our cabin assignment. Booked x Gty and got a D2 on deck six. Not disappointed but was imagining better after waiting so long ;)

Deck six seems very convenient...same deck as BW, one from Royal promenade, two to CP, etc. D2 sounds like a pretty nice draw...you could have gotten a D8. Are there other available D2's you'd like better?

it is easy to imagine better while waiting for an assignment, but I hope you will be very happy in a D2.

This is our 1st ever balcony booking. In the past we have had inside or promenade rooms. So for us Central Park balcony is quite an upgrade. This is also our 1st time on Allure. We are very excited about experiencing what everyone else is talking about.

Deck six seems very convenient...same deck as BW, one from Royal promenade, two to CP, etc. D2 sounds like a pretty nice draw...you could have gotten a D8. Are there other available D2's you'd like better?

it is easy to imagine better while waiting for an assignment, but I hope you will be very happy in a D2.

A D8 can be a better cabin than a D2......many D2's are connecting....just because a cabin is a higher # category and maybe more expensive doesn't mean it's a better cabin.

A D8 can be a better cabin than a D2......many D2's are connecting....just because a cabin is a higher # category and maybe more expensive doesn't mean it's a better cabin.

Good point. In this case, I still think it is decent. Had ga been assigned a "lower" B cabin, there'd be little opportunity to swap cabins due to availability. As it stands, ga could likely swap to a different deck or different side or a non connecting cabin or one with an angled balcony. There might be one with the bed by balcony. No matter which cabin, ga has a balcony wonderful ship in 24 days.

Good point. In this case, I still think it is decent. Had ga been assigned a "lower" B cabin, there'd be little opportunity to swap cabins due to availability. As it stands, ga could likely swap to a different deck or different side or a non connecting cabin or one with an angled balcony. There might be one with the bed by balcony. No matter which cabin, ga has a balcony wonderful ship in 24 days.

...and isn't that really the best part about it? "on a wonderful ship in 24 days"!!!!! YAY!

...and isn't that really the best part about it? "on a wonderful ship in 24 days"!!!!! YAY!

Yes it is!! No complaints here at all. Just the fact that it was getting so close had our imagination going wild, I'm sure you can all understand that. Looks like we will be very close to the diamond lounge for those nightly drinks, that can't be a bad thing:D

had our e docs issued ,still nocabin for our oct 28 sailing on allure,we have a grand suite gar ,there are no grand suites avail,only one crown loft,one pres fam suite, and one aqua suite any of those would be great LOL:D

I hope you do get one of them...that would be great.

Archived